Solstice Senior Living at Sandy

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Sandy

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Sandy

April 08, 2019

By Marie

Solstice Senior Living was very nice, and the person who showed us around was very welcoming. They even had a welcome sign for my dad and I. The area where they eat is bright and open, it felt really good, and it didn’t feel stuck up and dark. The hallway seemed brighter, the pictures hanging on the halls were nice, the apartments were nice, and it was cleaner than other places. They have really nice patios and balconies. They have a library, which is really good, and they have a van that will take people shopping a couple of times a week. The grounds were nice and residents have access to them. The rooms are adequate in size, but there’s not a full kitchen, only a microwave, a countertop, a little sink, and a refrigerator. You’re almost forced to eat downstairs in the dining area. The apartments were fine, they all have balconies, they were bright, and they all felt roomy

June 17, 2018

By Wagtail

My mother moved into Solstice Senior Living at Sandy, and it was her choice. It's bigger, they have a manager suite, but they don't have kitchens, and it's not as modern. She plays Bingo, and the residents are friendlier. There were things I requested to be done that were not done before I came.

January 02, 2018

By Cecil

It is a great, clean, friendly, and very efficient place. It suits my mother-in-law's needs well. The staff is very pleasant and do a great job. They have good food. My mother-in-law enjoys several of the activities, like movies, reading, outings, bingo, and entertainment they bring in.

June 01, 2017

By miriam-h

It was wonderful. It was lovely. The whole place was really nice, the greens, the ground, the dining area, and the library. This was one of place which I absolutely love. I really liked it.

May 23, 2017

By judith066435

It was very good. The rooms were very nice. They had a lot of different things going on, like church services. They had a van that had a lift for my scooter. The staff was excellent. The residents were very friendly. The community was spread out and had a beautiful green area in the back with benches so you can go sit outside.

May 22, 2017

By janna020446

My mom loves it. She likes the social life, and the way they’ve structured the dining room and eating times. They serve their meals three times a day at a set time, so she’s there sitting with everybody at the same time. She likes the food. It tastes good, is nutritious, and the portions are not too large. She enjoys the activities. She plays bingo and cards and likes the entertainment there. The thing that made us choose South Towne Ranch was the actual room that was available. She has a studio apartment that she really likes. It was a handicapped room with a beautiful view of the mountains, and my mom fell in love with it. It works well for her because she is wheelchair bound and she can get around really well. The location was good becuase it had more property around it that she could be outside and explore, so that was a plus. I feel really confident and good about the place. I feel like she’s in good hands and is having a good time and making good friends.

May 09, 2017

By Janel658160

It is a great place that's close to our house. The prices are great. They're wonderful with my mother-in-law. It has the greatest atmosphere and is more hotel-like than hospital-like. It is the best and the first place you should go and look at. Every time I go, I'm amazed at how clean it is and how happy and friendly everyone is. I went to a few others, but they were so depressing and hospital-like. This one was so outstanding and so different that we just had to go with it.

May 08, 2017

By Sharon144722

I liked it. I had another friend with me who was 90 years old, and she was so impressed and so wild about it. She was so glad to see that it was a fabulous option available. It was so beautifully decorated. The food, the menu, the dining rooms, and the whole atmosphere was wonderful so that the 90-year-old person woman just loved it. The staff went out of their way to show us around and answer all the questions.

March 28, 2017

By Laurie211222

We loved it. It was excellent, and the people were great. The rooms were very nice, and we really liked them, but they only had a kitchenette with a sink, microwave, and very small fridge; having a full kitchen was important to my mom. They had two huge bathrooms.

January 10, 2017

By Heide260746

We visited. They didn't have as many activities as other places. The food was OK. They had one room that they were remodeling with a fridge and microwave, but no kitchen, so my mom wasn't interested. However, it was nice, open, and spacious. Everybody was accommodating and nice.

November 01, 2016

By Dianne364644

It was very nice, friendly, and accommodating. My parents stayed there for two nights free of charge. The food was good.

October 19, 2016

By Leelan

When I went here, they were having a picnic that day. I got to meet a lot of people, They had a lot of activities and plans for the people who lived there. They also had an exercise room. They had a room for movies and a room for games. They had a garden. They hosted things like when we were there it was like the fourth of July. They welcomed the residents’ families to participate. It was like a big party, and they had face painting for the kids and snow cones. It was really nice.

September 30, 2016

By Anne254121

It was in the location mom wanted, and it met all her needs and criteria. She wanted to be close to where she used to live so friends and family could visit. They prepare the meals -- which I've been doing for 7 years for her -- and they also let her be independent. It was affordable for her, so she chose it; plus, they were very kind when we came in. We saw 2 rooms that were in her price range, and those were the studio and the 1-bedroom. They were clean, and they had a little kitchenette. They don't use laundry facilities because they offer that; she just has to walk a couple of doors out. The rooms were very light and happy, and that was important to her. The room she is in has plenty of windows. It has an outside door going to the outside of the facility and one door that?s goes through her room to the inside of the facility, and she likes that. She?s on the main level, but she doesn't have to go through the facility or have her guest come to the facility; they can go straight to her door. There's a beautician on site that she uses weekly, and there's a physical therapist that she uses. They have nursing if you want to sign up. Her nurse comes to her room twice a week, and that's through the facility as well. They have a nursing company that's there on the facility. They do lots of activities and games. They can take you on outings and shopping. They have a backyard that you can go walking in outside like a courtyard.

February 09, 2016

By Happy Daughter-In-Law1

The rooms were nice. My mother-in-law likes them. They have church, trips to casinos, different shopping activities, crafting activities, trips to the stores, and to the malls. All of them were great.

December 30, 2015

By Michelle118481350

For our mom, we like it very much. We like that the facility itself had four different floors and each floor had a different feel to it. It was painted beautifully. Each floor had a community room and a room for crafting.

November 22, 2015

By Alvera1

I visited a lot of places, and I like it the best. It was a very friendly, happy place and open. Everybody was nice to be around. The food was excellent. When I visited, there was entertainment happening for the residents. They invited some people to sing, which was very nice.

May 12, 2015

By Carol106011250

We were able to visit South Towne Ranch, and it was lovely. The staff was very helpful. We saw one model room, and it was very beautiful, open, and clean. It looked like it would be perfect for my parents. I was not able to taste the food, but the dining room was beautiful. It was clean and very inviting. We saw a menu, and it looked like there was food in between meals so that if someone is hungry, they can go and get food, cookies, or bread. With their activities, I know they have an exercise class. We went to the room and saw a signup sheet. They have excursions to different places, so it looked like they have good activities. Overall, it was just very pleasant. The people were friendly, and the facility was clean and orderly. The people that we met that lived there were very nice. If I were in charge, I would choose that place.

October 28, 2014

Everything went well with our move in, and it’s working out fine. We have a small apartment with a one-bedroom, living room, and also kitchen area but it doesn’t have a stove or anything. You eat all your meals at the dining room. We have a really nice view, there’s a bunch of trees plus a creek runs through. They’ve got a lot of activities for the people. The food is OK, but could be better. The staff is nice. You get more help here in going places and doing things.

August 06, 2014

I liked it better because it's in a prettier area, with a lot more grass and grounds. There's more green space around it and it was nicer in terms of its location. What I don't like is the units don't have stoves in the kitchen, and there's no washer and dryer. The staff seemed fine. The dining area is fine, but the downside is that if you want to eat, you have to be there at a certain time. Then they come and serve everybody at the same time.

June 17, 2014

It was wonderful. The view was beautiful. We saw the activity, and that was wonderful. The rooms were beautiful.

December 26, 2013

I went here, I also like this one, but they didn't have assisted living. Also parking was more difficult for me there. However, they were very professional and personable. I would give them overall a high rating.

November 20, 2013

By Gordon1

I saw part of the building, it's beautiful. This is a large place which is nice for moving around. They are also the friendliest, most wonderful and hospitable people. They have exercise and all kinds of event plans. They suggested that I visit them during a special event because they're happy to have extra people. However, they have a meal plan that I don't want.

October 09, 2013

By Jose2

I especially liked it. The director was very nice. I liked that they had very bright light rooms and open-air places. I liked the friendliness of everybody there. Their dining room was very nice. They had activities for the residents. I liked also that the residents would be able to take vacations.

September 26, 2013

By Joan31

We've been three times. They took us on tour the first time we went. The place was beautiful. I liked the landscaping. They had more trees and a lot of art in there. It's almost identical to the other facility we visited except for the color of the carpet. There were good-sized rooms. The residents were very nice. They seemed to be a little bit younger.

September 18, 2013

By Juan5

I went and they showed me the place, and it was nice. I have to bring my own stuff. The rooms are spacious and nice. It was expensive though and I'm looking more for apartments where you can take care of yourself and live in or out and you can buy your own food. That place is really nice and many have been living there for 10 or 15 years. They cook for you like in a restaurant or hotel. The people there are nice. I like that the place is quiet. They take care of you if you have appointments. I think they have a small gym and a pool, TV in the common room where you can talk to friends. I think they're okay with what they're doing for these people.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Sandy

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Sandy. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

A vibrant group of seniors that range from 60 -100 years old. Our residents enjoy a wide range of activities such as outings, a stroll through our peaceful and spacious courtyard/backyard, or one their favorites a competitive game of bean bag baseball.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

A The renowned Hale Theater, a soccer stadium, a large shopping mall, the Dimple Dale Recreation Center and beautiful canyons with their ever changing seasonal attraction.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Sandy has organized?

Trips to the Canyon, to Promontory Point (the Golden Spike), to the Aquarium and Planetarium, Culinary excursions with the Lunch Bunch.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Sandy offer to independent living residents?

Our bus provides transportation to shopping opportunities, to medical and other appointments and to excursions.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Sandy exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

A wide variety of specialties enhance a menu rich on options at each meal, providing quality and nutrition in every bite! Meals made fresh to ensure the vitamins and delicious taste for a healthy opportunity to enjoy each meal!

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Library, game room(with billiards), exercise room, TV room, activity room, courtyard/backyard/grounds, atrium

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Sandy offer to independent living residents?

Great call pendants

If Solstice Senior Living at Sandy accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Patio/balconies, extensive walkways in courtyard/backyard/grounds

Does Solstice Senior Living at Sandy work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Various Home Health and Hospice companies, Harmony has an office in the community.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Sandy

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Sandy

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Built atop a beautifully landscaped property in Sandy Utah, a quiet suburb of Salt Lake City, South Towne Ranch is surrounded by rugged, beautiful mountains. You'll love the convenience of being minutes from excellent medical care, great shopping and all the culture and entertainment of a big city.

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Sandy