35 Assisted Living Facilities near South Jordan, UT
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the South Jordan area, with 6 in South Jordan and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in South Jordan is $3,461 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 319 reviews below for assisted living facilities in South Jordan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in South Jordan 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include West Jordan with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in South Jordan find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in South Jordan, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in South Jordan, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in South Jordan
Nestled between picturesque mountain peaks, South Jordan, Utah, is a rapidly growing suburb of Salt Lake City. Senior citizens in South Jordan, who make up about 13 percent of the city's population, have a variety of assisted living communities available to them. Utah's Department of Health, Facility Licensing and Certifications, has licensed six assisted living facilities in South Jordan and 37 more in surrounding communities such as Sandy, West Jordan and Draper to provide personal care services for seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in South Jordan
- South Jordan's climate is ideal for seniors who prefer hot, dry summers and winters without much snowfall. According to Sperling's Best Places, South Jordan's "comfort index" is 74 out of 100, meaning that its climate is significantly more comfortable than that of the average U.S. city, which receives a score of only 54.
- South Jordan's overall cost of living is about 40 percent higher than the national average. High housing prices are the main reason for the cost of living difference. In some categories, seniors can expect to pay less than average. For example, groceries are about nine percent cheaper in South Jordan than the national median cost.
- Seniors and their families will be happy to learn that South Jordan ranks above average in personal and property safety. On a scale of one to 100, South Jordan's violent crime rate was only 18.2 compared to a national average of 31.1. The property crime rate was 29.5 compared to the U.S. median of 38.1.
- The South Jordan area offers plentiful opportunities for senior outings and day trips, including visits to the Megaplex Theaters and the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium. Outdoor enthusiasts can also take advantage of the many parks that dot the city's landscape.
- The Utah Transit Authority offers convenient public transportation by bus. Seniors aged 65 and older can usually ride at reduced rates. Free transportation to the South Jordan Community Center can also be reserved by calling 801-302-1222.
- The South Jordan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the South Jordan Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in South Jordan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in South Jordan start around $3,461 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in South Jordan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in South Jordan
Unlike many states, Utah does not offer a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment for assisted living facilities. However, qualifying seniors can still get help paying for assisted living in South Jordan through Utah's Medicaid New Choices 1915(c) Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in South Jordan
South Jordan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in South Jordan, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in South Jordan
South Jordan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in South Jordan, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in South Jordan
Review of Legacy House of South Jordan
We found Legacy House of South Jordan for my mom and she moved there. They fit the needs of my mom, the staff is very kind and helpful, and very prompt to try to find a resolution to any problem. T... Read more
Review of Sagewood at Daybreak
We're looking towards a move into Sagewood at Daybreak. I've seen it several times for my mom. They have done a really nice job of getting a community that can allow for care across the continuum o... Read more
Review of Carrington Court
I visited Carrington Court. A very knowledgeable manager and marketing person took me on the tour. It was very good information. The facility was not updated. Just from a design and aesthetic persp... Read more