35 Assisted Living Facilities near South Jordan, UT
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the South Jordan area, with 6 in South Jordan and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in South Jordan is $3,741 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,346.
To help you with your search, browse the 271 reviews below for assisted living facilities in South Jordan. On average, consumers rate assisted living in South Jordan 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include West Jordan with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in South Jordan find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in South Jordan, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in South Jordan, UT
29 Assisted Living Facilities near South Jordan, UT
Other Options in South Jordan, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in South Jordan
Review of The Sheridan at South Jordan
My husband is in assisted living at The Sheridan at South Jordan. It is amazing and it is only one year old. It has very high ceilings, lots of windows, very open and bright. It's beautiful. The st... Read more
Review of Riverway Assisted Living and Memory Care
Riverway Assisted Living and Memory Care was our least favorite. It was older and it just didn't have a good feel to it like some of the others. We saw two rooms which were okay. The people were ni... Read more
Review of The Sheridan at South Jordan
The girl who I talked to at The Sheridan at South Jordan was very friendly. They have opportunities in better weather to go out and sit on the patio. The director found a book on Amazon that she th... Read more
Assisted Living near Salt Lake County, UT
More Options Near South Jordan, UT
What to Consider About Assisted Living in South Jordan
Nestled between picturesque mountain peaks, South Jordan, Utah, is a rapidly growing suburb of Salt Lake City. Senior citizens in South Jordan, who make up about 13 percent of the city's population, have a variety of assisted living communities available to them. Utah's Department of Health, Facility Licensing and Certifications, has licensed six assisted living facilities in South Jordan and 37 more in surrounding communities such as Sandy, West Jordan and Draper to provide personal care services for seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in South Jordan
- South Jordan's climate is ideal for seniors who prefer hot, dry summers and winters without much snowfall. According to Sperling's Best Places, South Jordan's "comfort index" is 74 out of 100, meaning that its climate is significantly more comfortable than that of the average U.S. city, which receives a score of only 54.
- South Jordan's overall cost of living is about 40 percent higher than the national average. High housing prices are the main reason for the cost of living difference. In some categories, seniors can expect to pay less than average. For example, groceries are about nine percent cheaper in South Jordan than the national median cost.
- Seniors and their families will be happy to learn that South Jordan ranks above average in personal and property safety. On a scale of one to 100, South Jordan's violent crime rate was only 18.2 compared to a national average of 31.1. The property crime rate was 29.5 compared to the U.S. median of 38.1.
- The South Jordan area offers plentiful opportunities for senior outings and day trips, including visits to the Megaplex Theaters and the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium. Outdoor enthusiasts can also take advantage of the many parks that dot the city's landscape.
- The Utah Transit Authority offers convenient public transportation by bus. Seniors aged 65 and older can usually ride at reduced rates. Free transportation to the South Jordan Community Center can also be reserved by calling 801-302-1222.
- The South Jordan area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the South Jordan Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in South Jordan
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in South Jordan start around $3,741 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in South Jordan and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in South Jordan
Unlike many states, Utah does not offer a Supplemental Security Income (SSI) payment for assisted living facilities. However, qualifying seniors can still get help paying for assisted living in South Jordan through Utah's Medicaid New Choices 1915(c) Waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in South Jordan
South Jordan and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in South Jordan, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in South Jordan
South Jordan-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.