Legacy House of South Jordan

Reviews of Legacy House of South Jordan

Assisted Living Reviews for Legacy House of South Jordan

March 30, 2015

By Jim104463650

My father has moved in to Legacy House of South Jordan. They have a lot of activities for him there. They took him to the temple, and we're happy about that. They seemed to have quite a bit of help there too. They all appear very nice. He has been there a couple of months now. They have been very attentive as far as I've seen so far. They go out to outings, Wal-Mart, to breakfast, to lunch, and to different places. They have various activities going on during the day. They have a movie day, games, and different groups come in to perform musical numbers. They were a little more expensive, but as far as the number of activities and the care, it was worth the extra money.

April 29, 2014

By Lavon

We liked Legacy House of South Jordan because the facility was nice, the food was good, and the location was central to our family. My mom had a one-bedroom apartment. It had a nice little living room, a kitchenette, bedroom, and bathroom. The staff were caring and friendly. They had about five activities per week. They took the residents to restaurants and shopping malls, there were game nights, and special performers came to perform music or other talents. She was happy there.

March 21, 2014

By Janet80244750

My husband stayed at Legacy House for 7 months. It was very good. The staff was excellent and very helpful. They're very concerned about the people living there and they're very friendly. He was at the assisted living. They provided a lot of activities. The rooms are nice for a studio apartment. It had a small kitchenette.

June 26, 2013

By Kathi4

Legacy House of South Jordan was a very nice facility and very family-oriented. The providers and managers were extremely nice. The main dining room of the assisted living unit was very nice. When they moved her to the memory care unit, I felt like her care was not up to par. They were understaffed. The basic staff was very good and very conscientious. The night staff were busy visiting and they had so many duties like cleaning and cooking. Their care was not centered on the residents. They were not supervised well and the memory care unit looked ignored. They needed more staff around the clock for the memory care unit. However, I would recommend the assisted living unit.

Independent Living Reviews for Legacy House of South Jordan

February 03, 2016

By hdoldsch

I know several residents at Legacy and most if not all love the people, apartments, facility and activities. However, the food is absolutely horrible and management at the facility will not address the quality and preparation of the food. I know that some residents actually go out to eat so they don't have to eat the food there. Other than the food quality we would highly recommend Legacy to anyone. But they need to address these problems!

November 22, 2015

By Jerita

My grandma is at Legacy Retirement of South Jordan. She's only been there for three months and likes it, so far. They clean her apartment because that's what she wants. The people there are very nice, which is why she ended up going there; so many people went out of their way when we were doing the tours to come over and say hi. She uses their transportation to get to doctors' appointments, which is is super helpful for family members. Their dining area is gorgeous.

July 14, 2015

By Joyce90270150

I like Legacy Retirement Residence of South Jordan because it is across the street from a swimming pool gym. The apartments are nice. They are not really big. I am moving in on Monday. My apartment has a kitchen, a bedroom, and a living room. They have different activities like ice cream parlor and outings. It seems like they have a pretty good system for taking the residents to doctors and things. They have a beauty shop, a barber shop, and a small gym.

November 14, 2014

By Caring95961950

My mother is in Legacy. It's great, and it is really working out well. I will recommend it because it is very nice and has good care. What stands out is the friendliness, the convenience, the decor, everything about it. It is just great, and we are so thankful that we found it.

November 20, 2013

We were not so happy with Legacy Retirement Residence of South Jordan. The employees did not know what they were supposed to do. They didn't clean the rooms, they did not care what the residents wanted and they tried to make them eat food that they did not want to eat. They were not very organized and you had to check everything. I suggest they should be more caring about what the residents were going through and took care of their needs. They should do what they said they were supposed to do and they need better organization.

October 23, 2013

The facility is very clean. The staff is very friendly and they go out of their way to make sure that the client is familiar with their surroundings and they meet with other people. They take the residents to places, to entertainment downtown, and they bring in podiatrist to check their feet regularly. They have games within the facility. They have something going on every day. Legacy Retirement's atmosphere is very uplifting.

Costs for Legacy House of South Jordan

Photos of Legacy House of South Jordan

Services and Amenities of Legacy House of South Jordan

• State Licenses: 2-16-19329

• About Legacy House of South Jordan

Welcome to Legacy House of South Jordan

Within walking distance of the LDS Jordan River Temple and Legacy Retirement Residence of South Jordan, our sister-property, Legacy House of South Jordan provides assisted living and memory care services. Our residents enjoy daily activities, restaurant-style dining, beautifully decorated living areas and a variety of apartment floor plans—all in a home-like setting.

At Legacy House of South Jordan, we believe that the more our residents can be independent, the healthier they are and the better they feel. No matter what stage of life we're in, maximizing independence, maintaining dignity and having choices are important.

Nevertheless, there comes a time when we all could use a helping hand, even for the most basic daily activities like dressing, bathing, grooming or taking medications. At Legacy House of South Jordan, we recognize those times and provide just the right amount of help to meet those needs—it’s part of our Personal Touch philosophy.

A Secure Environment for Peace of Mind

Our memory care community, called The Cottage, is staffed by professionally trained caregivers that provide assistance and supervision for daily activities such as eating, bathing, grooming, incontinence care and walking all in a secure environment. Our residents enjoy private apartments furnished with personal belongings and mementos that make it feel like home. Special thought is given to the décor and functionality of each room. Activities are also specially designed to meet the needs of our residents.

At Legacy House of South Jordan, assisted living services are designed for seniors who can no longer manage on their own but do not require intensive, 24-hour medical care. We provide a combination of residential living, health and recreational services, and help with daily living activities such as bathing, dressing, eating and medications in a warm, home-like environment.

Services include:

• Assistance with activities of daily living including dressing, grooming and bathing
    • 24-hour, on-site certified nursing staff available. Full-time Registered Nurse available
    • Medication monitoring and diabetes care
    • Incontinence care
    • Respite care
    • Restaurant-style dining—three meals daily plus snacks
    • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
    • Personal laundry service available
    • Maintenance, landscaping and snow removal
    • Full activity program that provides physical, intellectual, social and spiritual activities to enhance quality of life
    • Scheduled transportation to medical appointments, grocery shopping and banking

Standard in your residence:

• Apartment-style—Studio, 1 and 2 bedroom units with kitchenette and private bath
    • Individually controlled heating and cooling system
    • 24-hour emergency call system
    • Safety features including grab bars
    • Fully handicap accessible apartments available

Amenities:

• On-site laundry room • Beauty and barber shop • Library, activity room, game room and fitness/therapy room • Private dining room • State-of-the-art emergency response and security system • Beautiful common areas for visiting with neighbors and friends • Beautifully landscaped. Residents enjoy water features, walking paths and flower gardens.

Thank you for your interest at Legacy House of South Jordan. Visit today. We’d love to have you over for lunch.

Map of Legacy House of South Jordan