24 Assisted Living Facilities near Nampa, ID
Also serving communities of Kuna.
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Nampa area, with 10 in Nampa and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Nampa is $2,389 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Eagle with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 62 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nampa. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nampa 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Caldwell with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nampa, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Nampa, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nampa
The largest city in Canyon County, Idaho, Nampa has steadily increased in population since the 1900s. A variety of industries over the years has contributed to Nampa's growth, but two are still in operation today: Nampa is an important terminal for the Union Pacific Railroad and The Amalgamated Sugar Factory is still in operation today after opening in 1942. Seniors can explore this history on daily excursions from one of 22 assisted living facilities in and around Nampa, Idaho, — all are regulated by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nampa
- The Nampa Council on Aging provides meals and other services to Nampa residents age 60 and older. There is also a senior center in Nampa.
- It's easy to get around Nampa. In addition to the city being located off of I-84, Valley Regional Transit provides regular, scheduled public bus service within Nampa and between Nampa and nearby Boise. The Idaho Council on Aging also provides limited transportation services to low-income seniors.
- The Nampa area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Luke's Nampa Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Located in west-central Idaho, west of Boise, Nampa is known for its hot, steamy summers and mild winters. The average high temperature in January is 37 degrees Fahrenheit and 91 degrees in July.
- The Nampa area offers a number of recreational opportunities, cultural events and museums. Chief among these are the Canyon County Historical Society Museum, housed in a former train depot, the Warhawk Air Museum and the Ford Idaho Cultural Arts Center. The majority of Nampa attractions and events offer senior discounts.
- Crime, particularly theft and property crime, is an increasing problem in Nampa, as it is in many other parts of Idaho. The crime rate in Nampa is 15 percent higher than the national average and the city is safer than just 29 percent of American cities.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nampa
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Nampa start around $2,389 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nampa and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nampa
There are a number of federal programs that provide financial assistance for eligible Nampa seniors to help pay for an assisted living facility. These include Supplemental Security Income Category G.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nampa
Nampa and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nampa, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nampa
Nampa-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nampa
Review of Streamside Assisted Living & Memory Care
I am so happy we chose Streamside for my mother. The staff is always kind and attentive to her. She has made lots of new friends and really enjoys the activities and great food. Mom is really hap... Read more
Review of Karcher Estates
Terrible care. They don’t seem to care in the least. All about the paycheck with this company. If you love them... keep looking for a place that will treat them with care, empathy, dignity, and res... Read more
Review of Grace Assisted Living at Nampa
My mom is living in Grace Assisted Living at Nampa. It looks nice, they're trying to work things out, and it takes a while to get used to it. The staff is nice, and you seem to be able to talk with... Read more