37 Assisted Living Facilities near Meridian, ID
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Meridian area, with 12 in Meridian and 25 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Meridian is $3,117 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Eagle with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 242 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Meridian. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Meridian 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Boise with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Meridian find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Meridian, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Meridian, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Meridian
Meridian is one of the fastest growing cities in Idaho, and demonstrates its commitment to seniors with The Mayor's Senior Advisory Board, established in 2015 to ensure seniors — almost 14 percent of the population — have a good quality of life. Meridian is home to nine assisted living facilities, where aging seniors can receive personal care services that include medication management and assistance with activities of daily living, including dressing, bathing and grooming, all within a safe and comfortable residential community. An additional 35 assisted living communities are located in nearby towns, such as Boise, Kuna and Nampa.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Meridian
• Meridian enjoys all four seasons, with its semi-arid climate making itself known during the dry summers, which are typically pleasant with some 100-degree days and occasional thunderstorms. Winters are cold, with average low temperatures in the 20s. However, snowfall is typically light, and spring and fall tend to be temperate and comfortable.
• Even though it's right outside Boise, Meridian hosts its own symphony orchestra, as well as public art displays at City Hall. Meridian locals can also participate in all the artistic offerings and outdoor recreation that's popular in Boise. Boise is home to the Idaho Shakespeare Festival, Idaho Dance Theatre, the Boise Contemporary Theater and Ballet Idaho, among other performing arts experiences at the Velma V. Morrison Center.
• Valley Regional Transit coordinates bus service for all of Ada County and Canyon County, including Meridian. Well-laid out highways connect Meridian to Boise and the rest of the state. Seniors pay half price for bus fare.
• Meridian has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Meridian Senior Center at the Park, an organization that hosts games, art classes and podiatry clinics.
• The cost of living in Meridian is only 3.8 percent higher than the national average cost of living.
• The Meridian area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and St. Luke's Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Meridian
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Meridian start around $3,117 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Meridian and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Meridian
Aging seniors can find the financial assistance they may need to pay for their assisted living facility fees through several government programs. These include the Aged and Disabled Waiver through Medicaid, and Supplemental Security Income Category G, which is administered by the Social Security Administration.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Meridian
Meridian and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Meridian, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Meridian
Meridian-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Meridian, ID
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Meridian
Review of Touchmark at Meadow Lake Village
Touchmark and the staff has been a complete let down. In our family's experience. The nursing staff is not qualified or caring to assure that our family member is taken care of. Her medicines have ... Read more
Review of Copper Springs Senior Living
We went to Copper Springs Senior Living. The appearance was very nice. The rooms were nice, and the staff was very helpful. The only concern that we had was that the staffing is ridiculously low. T... Read more
Review of Alpine Meadows Assisted Living
We saw Alpine Meadows assisted living. They seem to have lots of activities. The patients were out of their rooms and enjoying activities. They were getting ready for a walk at that time. They walk... Read more