31 Assisted Living Facilities near Eagle, ID
There are 31 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eagle area, with 5 in Eagle and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Eagle is $2,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 203 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eagle. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Eagle 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Meridian with an average rating of 4.1 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eagle, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Eagle, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eagle
Eagle, population 23,612, is in picturesque Southwestern Idaho at the base of the Boise Mountains. There are 40 assisted living facilities near Eagle that are licensed and regulated by the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare. The department defines an ALF as a residence, for profit or non-profit, that exists for the purpose of providing required supervision, personal assistance, meals, and housing for three or more residents that are not related to the owners.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eagle
- The cost of living in Eagle is 125.6, significantly higher than the U.S. average of 100. The nearby state capital of Boise has a cost of living of 102.6.
- Crime in Eagle is considerably lower than the national average. With a violent crime rate of 26.4, Eagle is 4.7 points lower than the nation. Boise, however, has a lower violent crime than Eagle at 20.9. Property crime in Eagle is lower than both the national average and that of Boise, with a 27.9. The property crime average in the nation is 38.1, while Boise ranks 37.5.
- With 208 sunny days per year on the average and a July high temperature around 90 degrees, it is a perfect location for outdoor activities. The city does, however, receive about 30 inches of snow each year, which is higher than that of the nation. In winter, the January low is 23, which can be a bit frigid for those not used to it.
- The sales tax rate is 6.0 percent in Eagle, the same as Boise and the U.S. average. The income tax rate is 7.4 percent in Eagle and in Boise. This is significantly higher than the national average of 4.6 percent.
- The air quality of Eagle is 47, which is lower than the national average of 58. Air quality is an important factor, especially for those suffering from asthma, COPD or other respiratory problems.
- The Eagle Senior Center offers a variety of programs, including health services, physical activities and arts and cultural events. Among their group offerings are games, such as bingo, bridge and billiards, senior aerobics and yoga, lunches and day trips.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eagle
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Eagle start around $2,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eagle and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eagle
Idaho has two programs available to help with the cost of assisted living. The Medicaid State Plan Personal Care option and the Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915(c) Waiver program are available to residents that qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eagle
Eagle and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eagle, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eagle
Eagle-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Eagle
Review of Paramount Parks
I'm staying in Paramount Parks. I live here because my youngest son lives here. The staff members are very kind, very nice, and very caring. They take good care of us. I have a 1-bedroom apartment.... Read more
Review of Sister's Villa
I am so happy here. It is quiet and peaceful. There is a large patio area and meandering walkway around the complex to get my exercise. The staff provides a food pantry and even delivered eggs and ... Read more
Review of Spring Creek Eagle Island
My mom was a resident of Spring Creek Eagle Island. At first, the activities were good, especially in the independent place, but when she got into assisted living, the activities were minimal. When... Read more