20 Assisted Living Facilities near Caldwell, ID
Also serving communities of Middleton, Parma.
There are 20 Assisted Living Facilities in the Caldwell area, with 8 in Caldwell and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Caldwell is $3,325 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Nampa with an average starting cost of $2,936.
To help you with your search, browse the 73 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Caldwell. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Caldwell 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ontario with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Caldwell, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Caldwell, ID
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Caldwell
Caldwell is part of the Boise metropolitan areas. Six assisted living facilities are available to older residents in Caldwell who need help with the activities of daily living, which include bathing, dressing and grooming as well as medication management. Ten additional assisted living communities in the nearby towns of Nampa and Middleton also provide these services, along with room and board, in a secure and comfortable residential environment. The cost of AL per month in the Boise area is $3,750, which is on par with the national average.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Caldwell
- Caldwell's semi-arid climate leads to summers that are hot and dry and winters that, while exceedingly cold at times, are relatively short. Seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors will find plenty of days during the year when it's appropriate to do so.
- The Indian Creek Festival held in Caldwell every September is one of the cultural highlights of the city, with public art created for the celebration. Seniors may enjoy this festival, which is free to attend, where they can take part in a square dance or watch teams racing cardboard kayaks.
- The Caldwell area is home to world-class medical facilities, including West Valley Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Caldwell residents can enjoy a cost of living that runs 9.5 percent lower than the national cost of living, with grocery and housing costs especially below the average. Healthcare costs in Caldwell are a bit higher than the national average, which may be a concern for seniors with chronic illnesses.
Valley Regional Transit provides bus service throughout the greater Boise area, including to and from Caldwell. ACCESS paratransit services are also available for the disabled within Caldwell and Nampa.
- Caldwell has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Caldwell Senior Center, an organization that provides exercise and dance classes, games, art groups, meals and podiatry clinics as well as Meals on Wheels for homebound seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Caldwell
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Idaho
Assisted Living costs in Caldwell start around $3,325 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Caldwell and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Caldwell
Federal government programs may be able to assist elderly adults who need help paying for their assisted living facility. The Group Adult Foster Care (GAFC)
and Senior Care Option (SCO) programs administered by Medicaid provide financial assistance to eligible seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Caldwell
Caldwell and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Caldwell, please visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Caldwell
Caldwell-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Idaho are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Idaho page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Caldwell
Review of Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind
I went to Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind and that was beautiful. I met with the manager there and she was wonderful. I liked one of the rooms. I like this place better than the other one I... Read more
Review of Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind
We visited Prestige Assisted Living at Autumn Wind. We like that one. It's bright. There's a common area for everybody with a fireplace and a sitting area for my mother-in-law to read her books. I ... Read more
Review of Grace Caldwell Independent, Assisted Living & Memory Care
Grace Caldwell Independent, Assisted Living and Memory Care was wonderful. They have an exercise place, arts and crafts room, and a hair salon. Their one-bedrooms were big and very nice compared to... Read more