Delmar Gardens of O'fallon O Fallon, MO

Reviews of Delmar Gardens of O'fallon

Nursing Home Reviews for Delmar Gardens of O'fallon

October 12, 2016

By johnson6

If I could give this place less than 1 star I would. My father was put in this home about a month ago, his health was declining. I assumed since this was the most expensive care in O'fallon he would be taken care of. I was wrong. One nurse called me one night saying that he is in pain, and she didn't know why pain meds and anti-respiratory drugs were NOT ordered. She immediately told me she would take care of it. The next morning, a different nurse called and was extremely upset, she told me that my dad's oxygen was at 70% the whole night, which was extremely concerning... and I started to look at different places for my dad to go. The next day, another nurse called and told me that my father had fallen from his bed, and tried to climb to the bathroom, and had laid there FOR TWO HOURS before someone noticed. Lastly, when my father passed... they did not call me when he was coding, or declining. They called me after he had passed, and beat around the bush so much that I had to explicitly ask "has he passed away". And when I had returned home from seeing my father, they called me again at 2:30 AM to ask what to do with the body. I am thoroughly disgusted and devastated over how this establishment treated my father in his last days. He deserved better. Everyone deserves better than what this place did. I truly think he would still be alive if I had transferred him to a different home sooner.

September 08, 2015

By Sandra112370650

Everybody was able to go live at Gardens of O’Fallon when they retired. It was absolutely beautiful and new. The staff was great. The rooms were extraordinary, and the view was beautiful. There were two swimming pools, a movie theatre, an ice cream shop, an entire crafts room, and a chapel. It was incredibly beautiful. Sanitation was a 5 star too.

June 01, 2015

By jtdoom

My mother was a resident at this outwardly clean and fancy care center. However, staffing for skilled nursing is very inadequate, resulting in poor service with minimum 30 min wait times. Night nurse was hostile and inflexible. My mother has parkinson's, so a 2 hour window for meds was unacceptable. I had power of attorney, yet had to ask 3 times for meds & schedule.

November 15, 2014

By MKC3LLB

Absolutely the worst place to put an elderly parent. Majority of the aides are lazy and insensitive. My mother had to repeatedly ask for her medication. The meals are never served on time. The dinning area is freezing.

December 26, 2013

By Frank17

Delmar Gardens was a nice facility. The rooms and the staff were nice. However, it costs $3,000 and I couldn't afford it.

January 30, 2013

By Charlotte5

My husband was at Delmar Gardens for about six weeks of rehabilitation. The place was very clean and they're all very helpful. I got well-acquainted with the place every day. It was very nice, and my husband was very satisfied with them.

October 07, 2012

By Gramsgirl

My grandma being in a home other than at my mom's house makes me nervous and goes against my promise to her never to let her get put there. The best thing about Delmar Gardens was that it didn't feel like that at all, more like sending her to a mini resort. The place had a warm welcome. feel to it with fancy fireplaces chandeliers, and windows. Her private room was spacious. and clean. She enjoyed amnetities such as an onsite beauty salon. This especially helped her out on the days she was down in the dumps. Another favorite was the ice cream shoppe. Grandma had the thrill of wheeling down to the ice cream shoppe with the great grandkids trailing behind for their ice cream cone just like the gold ole days! With all these pluses in mind, there was also a weakness I have to mention of the facility. When it came to the physcal therapy and rehabilitation, they could've put more effort into staffing enough help per resident. I definitely agree with Grandma that a in-home nurse visiting 3 hours per week help her accomplish more strength again in her muscles than the 2 months stay at Delmar Gardens.

September 26, 2012

By Tulip_Blues

I have mostly positive things to say about Delmar Gardens in O'Fallon, MO. The staff was very friendly and courteous to my grandmother's needs. They were very attentive to her needs and were awesome at providing the specialized care that she needed. The facility is also very clean and well-kept. I cannot say enough about the friendliness of the staff. It is a top notch facility, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an assisted living facility. The only small issue I had was that the billing system was difficult to understand, and I had a lot of issues tying certain charges back to the care my grandmother was receiving. Some improvements and literature for prospective patients would be recommended for that. I often found myself having to discuss the various billings my grandmother was receiving with them, and it was not very easy or quick for them to explain the charges. That would be my only complaint, but overall it was a very good experience.

August 20, 2012

By A26ENVAPT2QUG6

The location that I visited always had me impressed with their operations. I would walk through the doors and immediately see a sign in desk, which would allow me to check in. The nurse at the desk was always friendly and got to know me throughout my several years of visitation. The look of the facility is clean and colorful, which was inviting to the visitors and homely for the residents. I had to go down several halls to get to my grandmothers wing. She had a small, yet acceptable room, which she had a divider between the adjoining room. Inside her room were a television, chair and drawers. Windows appeared to be an important aspect of design. The colors, lights and windows create a relaxing and stimulating area for the residents who might not be able to enjoy the pleasure of spending time outside. Other small amenities like a free ice cream parlor and lounge area were great for special occasions like her birthday. After a certain point she could no longer leave the building and those provided places and activities to enjoy her birthday without the distractions of other residents. Furthermore, the nurses always had planned activities for the residence like dance, bingo, Cardinals/Rams watch parties. This helped my grandmother feel at ease and meet new people.

July 30, 2012

By MUfan1313

Delmar Gardens was a lovely place for my grandmother's last years. She had memory loss and couldn't take care of her self. They kept her busy with different activities and made her hang out with people she normally wouldn't have. This allowed her to gain a sense of being at home when she knew she wouldn't be returning to her old house. TVs and a living room area was the center part of her wing. This was where most of the other people that lived in this wing spent most of there time. The nurses at the facility were always friendly and became friends with the all of the elders that they took care of. I personally became friends with them as well. Dinners were also a great service! They would plan out different meals each week and created a schedule so that people could plan on what was for dinner. Even I eat it a few times. I don't think I could have had a greater place for my grandma's last years.

About Delmar Gardens of O'fallon

Delmar Gardens of O'fallon is a senior living provider in O Fallon, Missouri that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Delmar Gardens of O'fallon for more details on services and rates.

Map of Delmar Gardens of O'fallon