12 Assisted Living Facilities near Park Hills, MO
Also serving communities of Bonne Terre, Bismarck, Mineral Point.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Park Hills area, with 2 in Park Hills and 10 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Park Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Park Hills 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Farmington with an average rating of 3.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Park Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Park Hills, MO
10 Assisted Living Facilities near Park Hills, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Park Hills
The Park Hills area was settled in the early 1700s by lead miners. The ore deposits were so vast that they weren’t depleted until 1972. While the area isn’t a hotspot for mining anymore, it’s still home to approximately 8,500 people, and 10.3% of them are seniors. If Park Hills seniors need help with activities of daily living as they age, they can turn to any of the 12 assisted living facilities in the area.
These assisted living facilities, like those in the rest of the state, are licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. They provide 24-hour supervision and care to seniors who require help with bathing, eating, dressing and other daily tasks.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Park Hills
- Seniors who are interested in the town’s lead mining past can visit the Missouri Mines State Historic Site. Mining equipment, mineral specimens and other items are on display in the museum. For swimming, hiking and picnicking, seniors can take a trip to St. Joe State Park.
- The Park Hills area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Farmington.
- Seniors who choose to retire in Park Hills can enjoy many tax benefits. Some seniors may be eligible for a private pension exemption, while others can receive a partial exemption. Many seniors don’t need to pay tax on their Social Security benefits.
- Park Hills experiences mild winters, with lows in the 20s. In a typical year, the city receives 11 inches of snow, which is much less than the national average — 28 inches. This climate may be ideal for seniors who are relocating from a colder, snowier part of the country.
- Compared to the rest of the country, Park Hills is a very affordable place to live. Its cost of living is 26.1% lower than the national norm. Seniors who live here can expect to pay lower-than-average prices for housing, transportation and groceries.
- The St. Louis-St.Charles-Farmington metropolitan area has relatively poor air quality, the American Lung Association (ALA) warns. Out of 228 metropolitan areas across the country, it was ranked 29th for high ozone days.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Park Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Park Hills start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Park Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Park Hills
Seniors in the Park Hills area who need help paying for assisted living may want to look into the Supplemental Nursing Care program. Eligible seniors can receive monthly cash payments from this program. Another possible source of funding is the optional state supplementation program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Park Hills
Park Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Park Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Park Hills
Park Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Park Hills
Review of Country Meadows
I was here for 15 days due to not having no strength to walk. Therapy both occupational and physical worked with me and I can walk again. Nurses aides were super friendly and helpful at least the o... Read more
Review of Country Meadows
My mom was admitted into Country Meadows after a 12 day stay in the hospital and surgery. She went into a stupor and quit eating and answering her phone. She didn't like the bland food and her bein... Read more
Review of Country Meadows
The place seems nice but in talking to people in the community they cannot keep good employees due to the administration being so poor. I am glad I asked around before I actually put my dad in ther... Read more