15 Assisted Living Facilities near Eureka, MO
Also serving communities of Pacific.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Eureka area, with 1 in Eureka and 14 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 108 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Eureka. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Eureka 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ellisville with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eureka, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Eureka, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eureka
Home of the Route 66 State Park, Eureka, Missouri has a small-town charm with easy access to the metropolitan area. The town of Eureka has one Assisted Living Facility (ALF) in-town and an additional 33 located nearby. Facilities in this area and throughout Missouri are defined as residences that provide 24-hour care and services to seniors who need help with activities of daily living (ADLs), distribution or storage of medication and specific health care needs. These facilities have licensing requirements and policies that are governed by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eureka
- St. Louis County is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The area of St. Louis County received a poor air quality rating from the American Lung Association. The Ozone grade of F and Particle Pollution 24-hour score of C means seniors with a respiratory illness could be adversely affected here.
- The Eureka area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Urgent Care, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors in Eureka can enjoy the town’s Route 66 history by taking a trip to the Route 66 State Park or sample the local flavor at events, such as the BBQ Blast barbeque competition. Some facilities may offer day trips to bustling St. Louis for shopping and entertainment.
- Missouri’s Metro Transit connects St. Louis county helping seniors stay connected to their community. Residents who are 65 or older are eligible to ride any Metro Transit route for half price. Metro Call-A-Ride, MetroLink and the MetroBus are all accessible to those with mobility devices.
- Eureka has mild summers with a high of 89 degrees in July, which may entice seniors who like to be outdoors. However, chilly winters with a low of 22 degrees in January and an average of 13 inches of annual snow could be a problem for seniors with a mobility device.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eureka
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Eureka start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eureka and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eureka
Seniors in Eureka who are seeking help with assisted living costs have several options. Qualified individuals have access to Missouri’s Medicaid plan which provides aid for assisted living expenses. Those seeking additional funding may be eligible for Medicaid waivers. Non-Medicaid programs such as the Older Americans Act may be of assistance to seniors without Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eureka
Eureka and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eureka, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eureka
Eureka-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Eureka
Review of Marymount Manor
My mom now resides at Marymount Manor as of 09/01/2017 after numerous falls at home. She needed a place to have assistance when needed. It was a bit hard at first. Today is 09/19/2017 and I can say... Read more
Review of Marymount Manor
We placed my relative in Marymount Manor. When we first visited, everybody was really polite and helpful. Since she's been there, they've been a little more lax. We asked them to take care of a few... Read more
Review of Marymount Manor
My mother is in a double room at Marymount Manor, and the people seem very attentive. They seem to be very good with her, and things seem good there. The dining room looks very nice, and I haven’t ... Read more