Sunrise of Des Peres

13460 Manchester Road, Des Peres, MO 63131
Sunrise of Des Peres (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 1 day

Please ask about our February Special Incentives!

Reviews of Sunrise of Des Peres

Assisted Living Reviews for Sunrise of Des Peres

October 07, 2016

By Anonymous reviewer123

Do not recommend. My parent was here and declined rapidly. Nursing staff not necessarily on site 24/7. Nursing director is all business and has no bedside manner. Care staff ok, some good some not so good. Meds were not properly approved and in place on day one. Found out my parent didn't get their diabetic meds for several days. Dining staff was out of control giving sugary desserts and juices to confused residents regardless of diet care plan. I was there helping to feed my parent. I witnessed this. It was a nightmare experience. I did contact state ombudsmen but chickened out. Very quickly needed hospice. At least I had some help keeping an eye on things. Even they were appalled. In house dr refused to authorize hospice meds. OMG. Decided to move out after one month but parent declined too rapidly. Sadly they passed away before we could set up the house and arrange transport.. I have to live with my decisions. This is not a place for anyone that can't take care of themselves (unable to toilet, dress, feed, dementia or confusion). The dementia floor has a waiting list and they place those waiting in the general population. I talked to various residents. They were scared to complain. Do not leave your parent here if you care. Yes I read the reviews and I toured multiple places. Maybe I'm too trusting and gullible. It seemed like a nice place. Homey. . I was worried my parent would not be accepted as a resident if he needed too much care. Of course he was accepted. They can only see $$. It's a business.

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply about the safety and well-being of our residents and staff. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so that we can learn more. –The Sunrise Team

August 22, 2016

By Matthew242864

Sunrise of Des Peres was not clean nor prepared for our visit. The person who was supposed to give us the tour didn’t show up, so the chef showed us around. I felt that was very unprofessional.

November 09, 2015

By cdoobie1

My grandmother is a newer resident. The place looks nice but the dining service is HORRENDOUS!!! The cleaning staff is lax and rooms are filthy. For the price youd think they could keep up with those 2 important things.

October 27, 2015

Sunrise of Des Peres was very appealing. It was set up like a home, and all the people there were very helpful. The staff has been very nice and helpful.

May 12, 2015

By Carmen18

Mom stayed at Sunrise of Des Peres, and I was not happy. My first impression was that it was going to be a great experience, but once I got into a relationship with them as far as communicating with the staff, nurses, and doctors, overall, I felt that they were defensive and resistant to communication. She was in an apartment, and it was excellent -- no problems with it at all. The facility itself is excellent and very beautiful. The menu appeared to be OK. I was not able to eat there, but the residents that were eating there seemingly enjoyed it. My mom had pureed food. They do have different activities like they have bingo, people come in to perform, Bible study, and arts.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

March 27, 2014

Sunrise is close to my home, so I have easy access to get there if I need to do anything for my sister. The price is right. I'm very pleased with it. I have nothing that I can complain about. She shares a room, but it has a divider, so she doesn't see the other person at all, and she has complete privacy. The food is fine. The restaurant does very well.

October 17, 2012

By EmeraldMaple

The facility was beautiful and very expensive. It had a TV room, library, cafe, dining room, etc. Her room was a very nice studio - large window overlooking a private landscaped patio, small kitchenette. Nice large covered porches w/rocking chairs. Staff - you very seldom saw them; but when called they were pleasant. Dining room - service was deplorable - we waited over 30 minutes to get served many times. I often wondered how she managed there when alone. She was left to be independent there - a good thing until dementia started increasing and I began to worry about her and not being checked on enough. There was a house dog. The first dog was very sweet. The next dog could be quite aggressive and staff refused to put him up when he acted up. I took her to church on weekends but when it became more difficult for her to get around, we went to services on third floor. The couple were lovely and so cheerful to the residents attending. She loved going to see them and it seemed to satisfy her religious wants. Overall, a lovely place to look at, but service and attentiveness to residents seemed lax. I have been to other facilities where the building wasn't nearly as nice, but the caring compassionate staff made it a wonderful place to be. I didn't think that of this place.

June 22, 2011

By TinkerEdva

My school's T.A. was injured in a horrific accident and was admitted for skilled-care at Sunrise of Des Peres. Friends and I would often visit him on our lunch breaks during the Fridays we were dismissed early. Compliments regarding the kitchen's preparation of food and meal-feeding habits to the less-capable residents soon surfaced- as our facility takes pride in having the best dietary program in the area. Our food program was exceptional compared to other facilities in which I had worked, and our mock-surveys and inspection results concluded exceptional food storage habits and ideal serving programs right in the facility, often limiting the assistance of a caregiver. To say the least, this had already been reflected in the views of our residents and their family members; even faculty and staff members made it a priority to catch a lunch before there were no more reserved. I would never feel more ethically or morally comfortable admitting a family member to Sunrise knowing that amongst other notable achievements, their diet and nutrition is in good hands.

Memory Care Reviews for Sunrise of Des Peres