Brookdale West County

Reviews of Brookdale West County

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale West County

October 11, 2013

By Tim11

I like Solana alot. It is great! It is certainly in my top 3 so far. Unfortunately it doesn't have as many options as other facilities. It only has assisted living. My parents right now might not need that level of care. In terms of activities, they did have the typical things that you get at most places like this. They have trips, clubs, etc. They have an entire menu basically that residents could look at for activities. I don't know how they could do all those things that they have available for them. The staff was fantastic. The person who showed me around was just phenomenal. She knew every single resident we ran into and that's impressive! It was reassuring in my opinion actually.

August 03, 2013

By Healthcare Consultant

My mother has been at this community for 4 months. I have had more problems than I can possibly describe here, but within 3 weeks of her arrival she had lost 10 lbs and been hospitalized for dehydration. They do not have a electonic medical record and therefore do not record the TIMES medication has been given. The administrator has REFUSED to follow her physicians written order. DO NOT GO HERE IF YOU LOVE YOUR FAMILY MEMBER. I am sorry I did. Looks pretty, but looks are deceiving.

July 25, 2013

We visited The Solana and the facility looks brand new. The place is very pretty and seems very nice. They have a very nice dining room, but they have very small rooms. They should make their rooms bigger.

May 22, 2013

By Bluffy_K42

The Solana West County was very beautiful and it was in the middle of a shopping area, but they still had some ground around. The cafeteria was beautiful and the rooms were nicely decorated. The staff were helpful and the residents could have their family over. The residents could also do some gardening, painting or use their fitness center. I would recommend this resort-like facility to others.

March 21, 2013

By ghosts

My parents entered The Solana West County in July 2012. It is clean, food is good and care is great. After my mother passed they reevaluated my father and they informed us he did not need to be on the Alzheimer's side but he would fit in the Assisted living side. The care of both my parents has been excellent and the staff knows all their tenants by first name and talk to them all the time. As with any kind of facility there is going to be certain issues that you will not like. Mine is the communication. In the beginning I had a hard time getting anyone to call me back from any voice mail message I would leave. It seems to be getting better. Over all I am very pleased.

March 20, 2013

By Bob20

The Solana West is a brand new facility. The staff was very receptive and very engaging, but as it was newer, we were not certain if they had everything figured out yet. They only had a few people out there and we felt that it would not be the right fit for my mother in law because she takes a little bit more attention. One of the things that they did not have was step-down skilled nursing. They were independent and assisted, but they did not have the full spectrum. As a facility, it was a wonderful property.

December 28, 2012

By Tyra1

The Solana West was gorgeous. The rooms, the staff are very, very nice. There was nothing I would have disliked about it at all. It's brand new, so everything is very nicely decorated, pretty, and clean. Everybody seems wonderful. I would recommend them to others.

Questions about Brookdale West County

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Brookdale is proud of our ongoing training required by associates on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis. Associates working in the memory care neighborhood receive additional and ongoing training related to memory care.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale West County. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid 70's and up. We are proud to serve several residents 100+ years old. Assisted Living residents are able to enjoy a wide variety of activities. Some of the favorites are B-fit exercise programming, flex your brain and trivia, card groups, entertainment, outings and religious services.

What programs or activities does Brookdale West County offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Outings, exercise, arts and crafts, entertainment, men's club, religious services, pet therapy, multiple card groups, games and trivia, etc

What places are near Brookdale West County or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Conveniently located close the a major highway yet in a quiet, residential area. Bus transportation allow residents access to many shopping venues and entertainment options.

What transportation services does Brookdale West County offer to assisted living residents?

Scheduled transportation is available.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale West County exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining program is restaurant style and the menus are driven by feedback and likes of our residents. Meals are prepared by scratch with low sodium options as well as diabetic options available.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale West County offer to assisted living residents?

All side entries are securily locked 24/7 with a concierge at our front entry around the clock. We also offer a wander guard system through the community to secure exits further.

How does Brookdale West County keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Regular careplan meetings and scheduled family nights. We encourage families to reach out to leadership team whenever there is a need or a question.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale West County during daytime and nighttime hours?

At minimum, we staff according to state regulations. Due to our unique care rate system, staffing ratios will increase as care needs increase.

If Brookdale West County accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

The community offers large courtyards for residents to utilize for their pets, as well as pet care services provided by our associates.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale West County provide to protect residents who wander?

Brookdale West County offers secure entry/exit doors throughout the community with a wanderguard system option.

What programs or activities does Brookdale West County offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Brookdale West County's Clare Bridge neighborhood utilizes residents' histories to incorporate interest, hobbies and past lifestyles into their daily paths. Our Clare Bridge program director ensures their day is full of appropriately stimulating activities in both small group and indivdual settings.

The Clare Bridge manager knows the residents well and keeps nurses and care associates up to date on new assessments.

How does Brookdale West County keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We have dedicated associates specifically working in our Clare Bridge neighborhood under the guidance of the Clare Bridge Manager. The manager will communicate with families regularly regarding their loved ones' health.

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale West County. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Brookdale West County sits in a quiet neighborhood, conveniently located to shopping and restaurants. Easy access to major highways without the noise or traffic. West County's location allows the community to offer well maintained courtyards as well as a small lake with a walking path.

Is Brookdale West County affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Photos of Brookdale West County

Services and Amenities of Brookdale West County

• Minimum Age: None

• Licenses: 42739

About Brookdale West County

Brookdale West County provides our residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each assisted living and Alzheimer's care resident the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the proper lifestyle and care accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale West County