51 Assisted Living Facilities near Ballwin, MO
There are 51 Assisted Living Facilities in the Ballwin area, with 2 in Ballwin and 49 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Ballwin is $5,320 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Ellisville with an average starting cost of $2,970.
To help you with your search, browse the 323 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Ballwin. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Ballwin 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ellisville with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Ballwin, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Ballwin, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Ballwin
Ballwin is a middle-class suburban city with convenient access to popular St. Louis attractions, including the Saint Louis Zoo, The Magic House and the Butterfly House. Seniors who wish to remain close to these attractions can choose from 75 assisted living facilities near the Ballwin area, including two well-maintained facilities in Ballwin itself. The Department of Health and Senior Services establishes and enforces strict regulations for these facilities, so seniors can select local assisted living communities with confidence.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Ballwin
- St. Charles County, which includes Ballwin, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Ballwin has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals, Mercy Hospital St. Louis and St. Luke's Des Peres Hospital, located in St. Louis.
- Ballwin has chilly winters with snow and ice, crisp autumns, rainy springs and hot, humid summers. Average temperatures range from 24 degrees Fahrenheit in the winter to 89 degrees in the summer. Seniors who struggle with heat may want to stay inside during July and August since summer days can hit triple-digit temperatures.
- Ballwin's cost of living exceeds Missouri's average as well as the U.S. average, so seniors on a tight budget may want to consider living in nearby cities such as Valley Park or Maryland Heights. Housing costs nearly twice as much in Ballwin than the Missouri average, but residents pay slightly less for groceries, utilities and health-related services.
- Seniors seeking a safe, quiet area thrive in Ballwin thanks to its low risk of violence and dedicated police presence. This city is safer than more than three out of four U.S. cities, and it's also safer than many parts of Missouri. Overall, Missouri residents have a 1 in 193 chance of experiencing a violent crime, but that risk drops to just 1 in 2,756 for the Ballwin area. Property crimes are more common than violent crimes in Ballwin, but their rates are still lower than the state average.
- Ballwin offers convenient access to the MetroLink and MetroBus. The MetroBus runs through the city daily, and reduced fare passes are available for seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Ballwin
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Ballwin start around $5,320 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Ballwin and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Ballwin
Ballwin seniors can reduce out-of-pocket assisted living expenses with help from two Medicaid programs: the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver and the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program. Income and asset restrictions apply.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Ballwin
Ballwin and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Ballwin, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Ballwin
Ballwin-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Ballwin, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Ballwin
Review of Brookdale West County
Brookdale West County was excellent; more than I thought it would be. Everything was very outstanding and the tour was wonderful. Everything was perfect there. I looked at one specific apartment an... Read more
Review of Brookdale West County
Brookdale West County is a wonderful and newer community. They have a pond right behind the place where residents can sit and look out. It's a nice setting. The person who did the tour spent a lot ... Read more
Review of Brookdale West County
I visited the facility and got the particulars. Erin, the manager, invited my mom, my brother, and me to visit the facility, and eat lunch there. My mom really liked the place, and her initial co... Read more