71 Assisted Living Facilities near Chesterfield, MO
There are 71 Assisted Living Facilities in the Chesterfield area, with 8 in Chesterfield and 63 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Chesterfield is $3,937 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Ellisville with an average starting cost of $2,970.
To help you with your search, browse the 396 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Chesterfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Chesterfield 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Ellisville with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Chesterfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Chesterfield, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Chesterfield
In the quiet suburban city of Chesterfield, just west of St. Louis on the Missouri River, seniors make up more than 24 percent of the population. To make life easier and more comfortable for this population, the city has eight assisted living facilities within the city limits and 66 facilities in the nearby area. Chesterfield, as well as the rest of Missouri, officially recognizes these facilities as Assisted Living Facilities or Residential Care Facilities. They are licensed and regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Chesterfield
- Chesterfield has an array of community resources for seniors, including the St. Louis County Older Resident Programs (CORP), an organization that transportation for medical visits and other serves as well as three senior centers.
- St. Louis County, where Chesterfield is located, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Chesterfield has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in St. Louis.
- Seniors living in Chesterfield may want to check each day's air quality before venturing outside. While the American Lung Association gives St. Louis County a passing grade for annual particle pollution, there are an above average amount of days with excessive ozone in the air. High levels of ozone can cause many respiratory and cardiovascular problems.
- Chesterfield offers several public transportation options that can help seniors get around town and into the heart of St. Louis when needed. There are many MetroBus stations for routes 58, 58x, 258, and 91. The Spirit of St. Louis Airport is also in the city limits.
- Senior residents in Chesterfield can expect cold winters and hot summers. Since temperatures typically reach an average low of 22 degrees in January, seniors should make sure to stay inside or wear appropriate clothing. They may also want to stay inside during extremely high temperatures in the summer.
Paying for Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Chesterfield start around $3,937 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Chesterfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Missouri provides several assistance programs, through its Medicaid system, to certain seniors who require financial help. The Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) Medicaid waiver helps seniors live at home or within the community as an alternative to nursing homes. The Independent Living Waiver (ILW) provides resources for medical supplies and personal assistance to seniors who are disabled.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Chesterfield
Chesterfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Chesterfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Chesterfield Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Chesterfield
Chesterfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Chesterfield, MO
Other Options in Chesterfield, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Chesterfield
Review of The Sheridan at Chesterfield
We chose the Sheridan. It was fabulous. We put down a deposit, we were scheduled to move in, and he decided he didn't wanna move. Short of an armed guard, we won't get him out of the place he curre... Read more
Review of Mason Pointe
My sister moved into Mason Pointe. Most of the time, I've been dealing with people over the phone because of the COVID thing. I got inside off and on, and it depends upon whether they've got an iss... Read more
Review of Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield
My family has recently been told that our grandmother has declined rapidly due to her dementia. About a month ago we saw her through the window and she looked pretty good. The nursing home just tol... Read more