26 Assisted Living Facilities near St. Charles, MO
There are 26 Assisted Living Facilities in the St. Charles area, with 8 in St. Charles and 18 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in St. Charles is $3,642 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 132 reviews below for assisted living facilities in St. Charles. On average, consumers rate assisted living in St. Charles 4.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bridgeton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 14 families in St. Charles find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in St. Charles, call (855) 863-8283.
8 Assisted Living Facilities in St. Charles, MO
18 Assisted Living Facilities near St. Charles, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Charles
Home to The Family Arena event venue and historic Main Street, Saint Charles, Missouri sits comfortably on Time Magazine's 2018 list of the Best Places to Live in America. More than 50 assisted living facilities are scattered through Saint Charles and its surrounding cities, and aging adults can choose from eight highly rated facilities within city limits. These assisted living communities are carefully managed by the Department of Health and Senior Services, so Missouri seniors can socialize, relax and tend to daily tasks in a safe environment.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Charles
- Out-of-state visitors flock to Saint Charles for scenic drives during the fall. After all the vibrant red, orange and gold leaves hit the ground, weather becomes cold, sometimes falling into single-digit or below-zero temperatures. Spring brings rain and the start of gardens and farms, while summer is notorious for its sweat-inducing temperatures and high humidity.
- The Saint Charles area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Saint Charles, Missouri, is safer than approximately 1 out of 5 U.S. cities. It's safer than numerous other cities in the area, including Florissant, Hazelwood and East St. Louis. Residents of Saint Charles have a 1 in 502 chance of falling victim to violence, while Missouri residents as a whole have a 1 in 193 chance.
- Residents of Saint Charles have a slightly lower cost of living than the nationwide average, though they do pay more than the Missouri average for housing and transportation.
- Public transportation options are limited in the city of Saint Charles as well as the county where it sits. However, seniors can use the SCAT transit system for $0.25 per ride. Missouri seniors can also contact MO RIDES for help locating free or reduced-cost rides to medical appointments and work-related commitments.
- The Mid-East Area on Aging provides Saint Charles seniors with hot lunches, fun outings, educational activities and exercise classes. Seniors can also take a short drive to downtown Saint Louis to view exhibits at the Saint Louis Art Museum, see animals at the city's zoo or explore collections at the Missouri History Museum.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Charles
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in St. Charles start around $3,587 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in St. Charles and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Charles
Missouri residents may qualify for financial assistance from the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver as well as the Supplemental Nursing Care. Medicaid manages both programs, so applicants must meet state-determined income and asset requirements prior to acceptance.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Charles
Saint Charles and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Charles, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Charles
Saint Charles-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near St. Charles, MO
Other Options in St. Charles, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in St. Charles
Review of Windsor Estates of St. Charles
I saw Windsor Estates of St. Charles. Overall, the grounds where it's located, and I liked that the best. It was not in the major city, more out in the suburbs. The rooms were clean, the security l... Read more
Review of Cedarhurst of St. Charles
My mom is happy at Cedarhurst of St. Charles. The community is really caring and she has a lot of activities and things to do. She feels really comfortable and safe there. The staff brings medicati... Read more
Review of Windsor Estates of St. Charles
When looking for an assisted living for our Mother, my siblings and I were stressed to the max. When we came to Windsor, they made the transition smooth as possible for my Mother and were a huge he... Read more