The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Bridgeton, MO for 2023
Also serving communities of Saint Ann.
There are 49 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bridgeton area, with 2 in Bridgeton and 47 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bridgeton is $4,933 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include St. Charles with an average starting cost of $3,603.
To help you with your search, browse the 262 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bridgeton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bridgeton 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bridgeton, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Bridgeton, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bridgeton
Bridgeton sits in North St. Louis County, commonly called NoCo or North County, by residents who stay busy by visiting local chain restaurants, parks or the Bridgeton Recreation Center. More than 18% of Bridgeton's 11,550 residents are seniors, some of whom require or prefer assistance as they age. To meet the needs of these residents, there are more than 100 assisted living facilities in the St. Louis region, including facilities in the Bridgeton area and the surrounding areas of North County.
The Department of Health and Senior Services regulates assisted living communities in Bridgeton and throughout Missouri, so seniors can thrive in well-maintained homes with knowledgeable caretakers.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bridgeton
- Saint Louis County, which includes Bridgeton, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Bridgeton is safer than just 1% of U.S. cities, and residents have a 1 in 134 risk of experiencing a crime. However, many of these crimes are property crimes; less than 8% of crimes involve violence. Seniors seeking an assisted living facility in the area may want to consider homes near the Earth City and Pattonville districts, as these have lower crime rates than other parts of the Bridgeton area.
- The Bridgeton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including DePaul Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors on a fixed budget may appreciate the low utility costs and grocery prices in Bridgeton. This North County city has a higher cost of living than the Missouri average, but it's lower than the national average.
- Personal transportation is not required for Bridgeton seniors, as the city provides public transportation via the MetroBus, which offers discounted fare for seniors. Bridgeton is also located near the MetroLink, and residents can access MetroLink routes by taking the MetroBus.
- Weather varies in Bridgeton depending on the season, making it an ideal location for seniors who enjoy variety. Summers are generally hot, humid and sunny, while winters are cold, with occasional snow, ice and sleet. Throughout the year, temperatures generally range from 25 to 89 degrees, though below-zero and triple-digit temperatures occur at times.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bridgeton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Bridgeton start around $4,933 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bridgeton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bridgeton
Bridgeton seniors whose assisted living expenses exceed their budgets can apply for the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program, the State Plan Personal Care Option or the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bridgeton
Bridgeton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bridgeton, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bridgeton
Bridgeton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Bridgeton, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bridgeton
Review of St. Andrew's Assisted Living of Bridgeton
My parents are in St. Andrews. I like it because it’s really homey, small, and the people are very caring. They provide activities and have outside courtyards where you can go and be safe. I have n... Read more
Review of St. Andrew's Assisted Living of Bridgeton
My mom is staying at Mizpah Manor. It is an assisted living facility and it is wonderful. They have the options for furnished apartment or providing your furniture. They have nice size room, with n... Read more
Review of The Sarah Community
Veronica House was where my mom stayed. The staff treated her well. Thay had a lot of activities and they were free. People came to play music to the residents and my mom loved that. Read more