The Meadowlands O Fallon, MO

Reviews of The Meadowlands

Assisted Living Reviews for The Meadowlands

November 10, 2020

By Matt

My father is at The Meadowlands. It's pretty nice and clean. They're nice people. It looks like they got all the facilitation they need. It's a pretty fair price. Their staff is extremely helpful. They've made some special arrangements for me to help get him there because he has to have a wheelchair accessible van. They were gonna pick him up, but their van had maintenance issues, so they paid for a service to pick him up.

Thank you so much for this review. We are so glad the community has been so accommodating.

April 07, 2020

By GA

The Meadowlands was one of the weaker places we saw. The rooms were small, and they allowed dogs in and I could smell a lot of incontinent animal smell throughout the facility. The amenities seemed fair and comparable to everywhere else. The facility was rather small, so they didn't have as many things such as large areas for the guests to gather for bingo and things like that. The exercise area was not as big and didn't offer as much, but they had front areas where they could watch TV together or play games. The dining place was restaurant style, and it was pretty good and neat. They had a little bistro/bar area that you can go to throughout the day. The sales staff was very nice, but slightly pushy and kind of gave indirect answers. I felt that the price point was really high for the amenities they had compared to the other places I saw.

Thank you for your review.

October 26, 2019

By sarapotter

This facility looks and seems great when you move your family member in. But after that not much is done in the ads of caring for your loved one. They are severely understaffed. And because of this residents go without care for essiantial things. It is definitely not a safe place to leave your family If you dont plan on being there a few times a week at least. To check on them and see what's not being done. Staff will smile in your face and pretend they care. Trust me they do not. They will also lie to you about things they have "taken care of" when you get there to see for yourself they didnt even do them at all. Send your family somewhere else.

Thank you for your review. If you wish to dicsuss this matter any further, please give us a call or visit our community and ask to speak with our executive director.

June 19, 2019

By ReviewerAT0602C

We chose the Meadowlands for Mom. It's close to home, quiet, it's really pleasant, and Mom likes it. The room is not square, that's why we picked it, and it has a little seat for the bed. The staff is OK. The facility is all on one level, they go out twice a week, and they also have activities inside. They try to keep them active.

Dear Friend, Thank you for your kind review! We do feel strongly about our points of difference,the unique environment and individualized care that the staff provide. We are always open so feel free to drop on by. Warm regards, Stephanie

April 12, 2019

By Collene

The lady who showed me around The Meadowlands was very accommodating, but it just wasn't the place for my father. The staff was very aloof, didn't speak, and didn't seem very friendly. I saw big televisions and people just sitting around. The rooms were gorgeous and the whole place was very fancy.

Hi Collene, Thank you so much for stopping by and sharing your thoughts in this forum. We do feel that we provide a cozy homelike atmosphere, in a peaceful setting. We are very proud of our staff and the care we provide to the people who live here. I am sorry that you found the staff to be unfriendly. We have provided your feedback in an all staff meeting to find out what their thought are as well. We would love to have another chance with you in our community, or feel free to reach out to me directly. Respectfully, Stephanie

June 29, 2018

By Mike

The Meadowlands seemed a little more country or rural, more like a home. It's all on one level, so there's no stairs or elevators. The review of the facility went very well, and she was able to answer all of my questions. Their programs were set up more toward the individual, there were a lot of activities there, and they have a full month of activities available. The dining was better than most, it was cooked to order, and the kitchen was open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., which would be ideal for us.

June 25, 2018

By Jim

The Meadowlands is very modern looking, the decor is very nice, and the way the dining is laid out is nice. There are plenty of places where people can stop and sit and talk. My mother likes to talk to people and I knew she would do well when she got in there. The people have been very nice to us, and they're very genuine. The people that work in the dining area and the nurses have all been very good. It really worked out well for Mom. It sits out in the middle of a field and Mom grew up on a farm. She is Catholic and they have a Catholic mass there once a week and rosaries on a different day. She's a very big Cardinals fan, and they have a theater room there where they show the ball games and play movies. They have outings, they play bingo, they have happy hours on Fridays, and they provide entertainment. The food is very good and they have chefs. You can eat from 7:00 in the morning to 7:00 at night. There are no set mealtimes. She's been there about a month. They're going through a process of replacing carpets in their hallways. They've already replaced the flooring in the dining room. When mom went in, they replaced the carpeting and repainted all the walls in her room. The activities are very good. It's all on one level.

October 06, 2017

By Kelly

The Meadowlands was very nice and seemed clean. I liked the dining options. The grounds were well-kept and clean. The rooms were a nice sized, and the bathrooms were very nice and updated.

April 12, 2017

By Tricia521840

Mom moved into Assisted Living at the Meadowlands. The place is beautiful and very small. The staff is fantastic. Mom is in a basic room but there's room for her bed, she can hang things on the wall, the paint is good, and there are chairs. They clean the room once a week. The food is good but basic with not a lot of seasoning, but it's fine. It's free seating dining with waitresses. I love its location because it's in the middle of a meadow. It's such a small place that everybody knows everybody.

March 04, 2016

By OnlyChildleft

Current medical director Dr. Hinton is not there enough on assisted living side to regularly see residents. My parents health has declined. Staff are caring but they do not communicate across shifts so messages don't get relayed. They don't seem to read medical charts. For older adults without medical concerns, this is a nice place. Otherwise, not the best choice

June 29, 2015

My mom is currently at Assisted living at Meadowlands, but they don't accept Medicare. For long term, we probably have to move her to a facility because her funds may run out as some point. It is an assisted living, but they have a memory unit. That's where she is, and she's been there for about two and a half years now. So, far we are very happy with the care that she has. It is a very nice facility. The do a lot of things to engage the people, especially in the memory unit.

December 23, 2014

By Kevin14

I toured the Assisted Living at Meadowlands. I thought it was a very wonderful place. The place was clean. They had a lot of activities for the seniors. I really felt like their plan on feeding was wonderful. The kitchen was open from 7 in the morning until 7 at night, so you don’t have to go down at a prescribed time, and you can pretty much have whatever you want to eat. The chef will try to prepare whatever you want; like if you want pancakes for supper, that’s what you can have, or if you want friend chicken for breakfast. I was just very impressed with the services there.

Memory Care Reviews for The Meadowlands

March 16, 2019

By Elaine

We loved The Meadowlands. There was a shared room available and we didn’t want my mom in that. There was also a private room that had another room behind it to where another person would come through my mom's room to get to hers, which we thought was really strange. There wasn't a room there that we liked for my mom because she definitely needed to be in a room by herself. The rooms were also too small to be shared. They did explain that by the people get to memory care, it's actually better for them to have a roommate because they need the stimulus to have someone around, but that's not the stage that my mom was at at the time. In the memory care unit, they had the Bingo that's by color, so it's appropriate for people that were at that stage. They had a really nice eating area though.

Elaine, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with The Meadowlands. We take pride in giving outstanding service to our residents. Please feel free to call us to let us know more about your experience.
See all Memory Care reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Questions about The Meadowlands

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

We have a dedicated Montessori -based Dementia Program that is a world renowned, research based method of working with older adults with dementia. The use of Montessori Dementia Programming encourages purposeful living for seniors while interacting positively within their environment allowing them to function at their highest level. Education and updates are provided through a weekly conference call and ongoing web based training.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at The Meadowlands. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Assisted living at the Meadowlands is a small, family oriented community that offers Assisted Living apartments and Memory Care Friendship Suites. The average age of our residents is 84 years old. The residents who reside here love all of the Musical programs as well as card games, Bingo and trips into the community. We offer Exercise Groups every morning as well.

What programs or activities does The Meadowlands offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Our Life Enrichment team interviews all of our residents to individualize programs and activities to the resident. We provide group activities as well as movies in our Theatre. We have regular Pet visits and Entertainers every Friday for Happy Hour. We also offer in-house rehab services to our residents that enable them to receive needed therapy services in their home. Our contracted therapists assist in exercise programs and are readily available to evaluate needs of our residents and make appropriate recommendations.

What places are near The Meadowlands or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are located in North O' Fallon right across from the River City Rascal Ball Field and Car Shield Field. Our local restaurant, J. J. Twiggs is right across the street. We are close to several High Schools

What transportation services does The Meadowlands offer to assisted living residents?

Assisted Living at the Meadowlands has a wheel chair accessible bus that goes out several times a week for shopping and fun. We also have a car for individual transport to medical appointments. All of our vehicles are maintained at the highest standard possible and all of our drivers are licensed and insured.

What makes the chef or dining program at The Meadowlands exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our Culinary Experience cannot be matched We offer Open, Restaurant style dining with seasoned Chefs providing for all of the home made, from scratch food. We offer Breakfast all day as well as 2 entrees and a chef special everyday. Our menu today is Tomato, Basil Soup, Beef Stroganoff, Blackened Tilapia or Pizza. The alternates are called Favorites because everyone loves them. Our desserts are home made and the hand dipped ice cream is there every single day!

What safety features or security measures does The Meadowlands offer to assisted living residents?

We are a small, secure community with a Full time Receptionist at the Front entrance. When the doors are locked at 8p, we encourage our residents and families to utilize the After Hours door. All visitors and Residents must sign in from either door. Our Memory Care wing has a secured entrance and courtyard.

How does The Meadowlands keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Assisted Living at the Meadowlands has Family Night on a monthly basis, providing information, education and FUN. We utilize our Facebook page for events and information important to the Senior Living community. Our Front Desk and Business Office keep fliers, information and resources available as well

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at The Meadowlands during daytime and nighttime hours?

We have different ratios in the building dependent on resident care needs. We have our highest ratio of staff to resident in our Memory Care wing. Our Special Care wing also has a high staff to resident ratio.

If The Meadowlands accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are Pet Friendly! Our furry friends are able to share life with us in all the common areas, and/or apartments of their owners. We have multiple courtyards for our furry friends to visit as well. We ask that our pets are not brought into the Dining Room. We do encourage visits in Memory Care but our pets cannot live there.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Our staff receive ongoing training in our specialized Montessori Moments In Time program for Memory Care. All Licensed individuals are given the encouragement and opportunity to complete the Continuing Education Units required. We offer ongoing training and refresher courses for all staff.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

There are typically 10 staff, as well as the Leadership team during the day. On the second shift, there are typically 5 staff.

What safety features or security measures does The Meadowlands provide to protect residents who wander?

The residents are assessed before admission to reveal a wandering inclination. For those residents who might be unsafe, we encourage our Memory Care wing. If a resident becomes a wandering risk, while living in Assisted Living, the team will review and update the Plan of Care and possibly recommend visiting the Memory Care program for the day to engage in dedicated activities and validation. There is also a secure Courtyard for those residents who prefer to be outside and engage in gardening, birds and sunshine.

What programs or activities does The Meadowlands offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Assisted Living at the Meadowlands offers many leisure programs of interest to the residents who reside in the community as well as the neighborhood surrounding the building. We offer Creative, Physical, Social, Cognitive, Spiritual and Sensory activities and programs. We often invite our neighbors in for Educational programs. Current Events with Coffee, Morning Exercise, Fun& Fitness, Rascal Ballgames, Pet visits, Themed Dinners, Movies, Bingo, Cards, Arts& Crafts, Reminiscing to name a few.

The Director of Nursing or the Executive Director, who is also a nurse, provide the Community Based Assessment prior to move in. If there is a noted change in condition and/or every quarter. This ensures we are capturing all the functional, cognitive abilities of all of our residents.

What techniques does The Meadowlands use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

The Dining experience remains vital in our Memory Care wing. Mealtime is a very social event for our residents. Meals are meant to be shared with family and friends, and our dining experience does just that. Meals and snacks present six daily opportunities, seven days a week to reminisce, create new memories, maximize independence, and promote socialization, all in a social environment. Our red plates stimulate appetite. Contrasting colors with plate settings aide poor depth perception. Small portions prevent becoming overwhelmed. Scented warm wash clothes prior to each meal offer sensory stimulation and aides in increased appetite. Dignified dining allows residents independence through adaptive equipment. Mealtime is a great time for staff to interact with the residents by reminiscing, discussing current events and observing changes in appetite and eating patterns, or identifying the need for adaptive equipment to promote independence.

How does The Meadowlands keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

We provide information via our website, www.meridiansenior.com/community/the-meadowlands/; as well as Family Nights, Direct Mailers from the business Office and our current Social Media Site, such as Facebook.

Describe the neighborhood around The Meadowlands. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Assisted Living at the Meadowlands is located in North O' Fallon, Mo. We are conveniently off the I70 corridor at exit 219- T R Hughes Blvd. We are in a residential neighborhood with some small business, banks and schools in the immediate neighborhood

Is The Meadowlands affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

A hospital affiliation is the resident's or family's choice. We are conveniently located near SSM St. Joseph's West, SSM St. Joseph's-St. Charles, BJC-St. Peter's, and Progress West. We are an Aging in Place community with a Level II license and are able to offer enhanced nursing care to our residents.

Costs for The Meadowlands

Photos of The Meadowlands

Services and Amenities of The Meadowlands

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Housing Extra: All Private In Assisted Living Private & Shared In Memory Care

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed.

Types of care

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

About The Meadowlands

Whether for you or a loved one, The Meadowlands offers a caring atmosphere, active community, and a comfortable, secure lifestyle for our residents.

Here at The Meadowlands, each member of our community enjoys the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Our valued residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired. Residency includes a complete array of services and accommodations.

We are one of the facilities that participate in the Montessori-based Moments in Time Program for our memory unit. Montessori-based Memory Care Program is designed to capture our resident’s special moments at any given time, validate them, and help them live fully in each of those moments. This is accomplished through the following five directional paths.

We enrich the lives of our residents, families, and employees through extraordinary experiences: Passion, Integrity, Caring, Love, Joy, Accountability and Respect.

What We Offer:

• Companion & Private Room Accommodations
  • Furnished/Unfurnished, as desired
  • On-site Beauty Salon & Barber Shop
  • Cable TV Available in All Rooms
  • Individual Climate Control In Each Room
  • Private Bath in Each Room w/ Step-In Showers
  • Private Spa
  • Complete Dining Program (3 Meals & Snacks Daily)
  • Special Diets as needed/required
  • Transportation Provided
  • Building & Grounds Maintenance
  • Full-service Housekeeping
  • On-call Physician Services
  • Comprehensive Activities & Social Program
  • Memory Care Wing (for those with Alzheimer’s or other types of dementia)
  • And much, much more

Meridian offers each member of our communities the opportunity to 'live life their way'. Residents enjoy assistance when required, and freedom when desired.

Map of The Meadowlands