18 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Peters, MO
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Peters area, with 4 in Saint Peters and 14 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Peters is $4,075 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include St. Charles with an average starting cost of $3,677.
To help you with your search, browse the 99 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Peters. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Peters 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include St. Charles with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Peters, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Peters, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Peters
St. Peters is a growing community located less than 30 miles away from downtown St. Louis. The city recently ranked 15th on Money Magazine’s list of the Top 100 Best Places to Live in America. An estimated 57,000 people live in St. Peters, and nearly 15% of them are 65 or older. There are three assisted living facilities in the city to accommodate seniors who need help with the tasks of daily living, and there are another 14 facilities in nearby communities.
Assisted living facilities in St. Peters and the surrounding area are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. Seniors who live in these facilities receive 24-hour care and assistance with daily tasks, such as bathing or dressing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Peters
- Seniors with COPD, asthma or other respiratory conditions should consider that the St.Louis-St. Charles-Farmington metropolitan area has relatively poor air quality, as revealed by the American Lung Association. It’s among the top 30 most polluted cities in the country when ranked by two air quality measures (high ozone days and annual particle pollution).
- Winters are relatively mild in St. Peters. Winter lows are in the 20s, and the city only gets 13 inches of snow per year. Summer highs are in the 80s, which is ideal for seniors who enjoy warm weather activities.
- The St. Peters area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Barnes-Jewish St. Peters Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors who have IRAs or 401(k)s should note that distributions from these plans are taxed as regular income in Missouri. However, seniors may qualify for public and private pension exemptions which can help them save money.
- The overall cost of living in St. Peters is 0.7% higher than the nationwide average, with housing cost just 1.5% more expensive than the U.S, average and groceries about 7.1% more affordable than the U.S. norm. This may leave more room in the family budget for assisted living costs.
- For seniors who enjoy arts and culture, St. Peters has a lot to offer. The city’s Cultural Arts Center displays artwork from local artists and hosts regular art shows. This facility also hosts musical performances, community theater productions and dinner theater performances.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Peters
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Saint Peters start around $4,075 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Peters and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Peters
Low-income seniors may want to look into the Supplemental Nursing Care program. This Medicaid waiver provides monthly cash assistance to eligible seniors, which can be used to pay for assisted living services. Optional state supplementation, which is extra funding provided to SSI recipients, is another possible source of funding.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Peters
Saint Peters and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Peters, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Peters
Saint Peters-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Saint Peters, MO
Other Options in Saint Peters, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Peters
Review of Clarendale of St. Peters
Clarendale of St. Peters hasn't been opened yet, but it's beautiful. The exercise area and the amenities were topnotch and state-of-the-art. The sales personnel that I spoke with was wonderful. The... Read more
Review of The Villages of St. Peters
I thought the food there was rather good and had variety. I was there for rehabilitation and they kept me pretty busy witht6hat in the gym...where at the time(2017) I was there Barbara was an e... Read more
Review of The Villages of St. Peters
Please do not send your love ones to this facility. If you love them and want them treated properly this is not the place to send them. Staff are very unprofessional and careless. They avoid patien... Read more