Known across America for its award-winning wineries, St. Charles County is part of Missouri’s greater St. Louis area. It has a population of 402,022 that includes a slightly lower percentage of seniors than the national median. The area gets warm summers and mild winters that provide the perfect climate for its myriad vineyards, where visitors can enjoy tours and wine tastings. Those who like the outdoors can take advantage of St. Charles County’s quick access to several state parks and nature preserves, including Two Rivers National Wildlife Refuge, which is ideal for bird watching, and the vast August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area.

Assisted living in St. Charles County costs an average of $3,750 per month, which is higher than the state average of $3,000 but lower than the national average of $4,300.

Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in St. Charles County, MO

2019, 2021

The Boulevard Senior Living

3330 Ehlmann, St. Charles, MO, 63301

I thought the staff members of The Boulevard Senior Living were nice, but they were kind of cold. The rooms were a little smaller but were beautiful. The grounds were beautiful, too. The downfall was … (read more)

Windsor Estates of St. Charles

2150 West Randolph St, St. Charles, MO, 63301

My mom will be in the assisted living of Windsor Estates of St. Charles-Retirement Community. We chose it because of the location and price. It was nice, and the people that work there acted like they … (read more)

Harvester Residential care

35 Lillian Drive, St. Charles, MO, 63304

I’m on the waiting list for Harvester Residential Care and hopefully get my brother in there by the end of April, so that’s the goal. It is fine. It’s not the Taj Mahal, it’s not a high-end expensive … (read more)

Lake St Charles Retirement Community

45 Honey Locust, St. Charles, MO, 63303

We went to Lake St. Charles Retirement Community. Our tour went very well. I like the layout, and it’s got a very good reputation. The staff were very attentive as well. Amenities seem excellent. They … (read more)

Breeze Park

600 Breeze Park Drive, St. Charles, MO, 63304

My grandmother moved into Breeze Park and she likes that it’s kinda free flowing. There are options in the different cafeterias and she’s allowed to come and go as she pleases. There are lots of activ … (read more)

Cedarhurst of St. Charles

1800 First Capitol Drive, St. Charles, MO, 63301

We chose Cedarhurst of St. Charles for our mom because it’s close to home for all of us, and we thought it was a nice place and has everything that she would need. She’s in their assisted living. One … (read more)

The Landing of O’Fallon

1000 Landing Circle, St. Charles, MO, 63304

My sister is at The Landing of O’Fallon. She doesn’t seem to be that happy with the food, but I don’t know any specifics because when we were there, we just took her out and she ate out. She also does … (read more)

Mount Carmel Senior Living

723 1st Capitol Dr, St. Charles, MO, 63301

My dad is at Mount Carmel Senior Living. The place is absolutely great. The staff is wonderful, and we love it. They took good care of him. Their food is very good. They have lots of activities like t … (read more)

Clarendale of St. Peters

10 DuBray Drive, Saint Peters, MO, 63376

The care that my mom received at Clarendale of St. Peters was pretty good. Her room in the assisted living part was nice. It had the furniture that she needed and had plenty of closets. It’s very clea … (read more)

2014, 2017

Brookdale Creve Coeur

One New Ballas Place, Creve Coeur, MO, 63146

Nestled in a wooded area with a beautiful pond, Brookdale Creve Coeur is located in Creve Coeur, Missouri, close to the Fox Theatre and the Missouri Botanical Gardens. Visitors describe the facility f … (read more)

The Meadowlands

135 Meadowlands Estates Lane, O Fallon, MO, 63366

The Meadowlands has staff members that are inviting, very down to earth, and just very encompassing. They all call mom by her name, even just after a few days of being there. Everybody is very nice. T … (read more)

2014, 2021

Autumn View Gardens – St. Louis

11210 Schuetz Rd., Saint Louis, MO, 63146

Autumn View Gardens Assisted Living Creve Coeur is located in St. Louis, Missouri, close to Old Warson Country Club, the St. Louis Zoo and the St. Louis Galleria. Visitors say the staff seem to truly … (read more)

2013

Friendship Village Chesterfield

15201 Olive Boulevard, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

I like Friendship Village Chesterfield. It’s a little bit more expensive and a little bit out of my range, but I like it. All the accommodations were lovely. People were starting to go out and visit. … (read more)

Chesterfield Villas

14901 North Outer 40 Road, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

The Gables at Brady Circle

11 Brady Circle, St. Louis, MO, 63114

The Villages of St. Peters

5400 Executive Center Parkway, Saint Peters, MO, 63376

My mother’s staying at Villages of St Peters and the family’s been kept well informed by all of the staff (nursing, physical therapy, and occupational therapy). Their building is bright, cheerful, and … (read more)

2016

Creve Coeur Assisted Living & Memory Care

693 Decker Lane, Creve Coeur, MO, 63141

Creve Coeur Assisted Living & Memory Care is located near the junction of Interstate 64 and 270, in Creve Coeur, Missouri, a suburb of St. Louis. The facility is praised by visitors for being clea … (read more)

Chestnut Glen

121 Klondike Crossing, Saint Peters, MO, 63376

We chose Chestnut Glen for my mom for a whole host of reasons, like the location, size, the staff that we met with and interviewed with before we decided. We’re very pleased with the staff. They’re ve … (read more)

The Villa at Riverwood

1 Pratt Place, Florissant, MO, 63031

We visited The Villa at Riverwood. The room that we saw was very nice. The person who gave us the tour was really knowledgeable, and they told us what was what. They also do exercises there. The dinin … (read more)

Spencer Place

265 Spencer Rd, Saint Peters, MO, 63376

My mother-in-law chose Spencer Place for herself, and she likes it there. The building is a big square with a patio area right in the center of the 4 hallways where the apartments are. They have exerc … (read more)

Paying for Assisted Living in St. Charles County

As part of the greater St. Louis area, St. Charles County shares the city’s average assisted living price of $3,750 per month. This is higher than the state average of $3,000, according to Genworth’s 2020 Cost of Care Survey. However, assisted living in St. Charles County is more affordable than the national median cost of $4,300 per month.

The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities

St. Charles County has one of the highest assisted living costs in Missouri. It’s beaten only by the Kansas City area, which has an average cost of $4,460 per month. In the center of the state, Columbia averages $2,900. Assisted living in the nearby capital of Jefferson City costs about $3,150 per month. On the Ozark Plateau, Springfield has a slightly higher assisted living price of $3,100. Nearby Joplin has the lowest assisted living cost in the state at $2,500 per month, which is $1,250 more affordable than the average paid in St. Charles County. In the state’s northwest corner, St. Joseph the average cost of assisted living is $3,488 per month. On the opposite side of the state, Cape Girardeau has a similar cost at $3,374.

$3750

St. Joseph

$4460

Kansas City

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in St. Charles County

Seniors in St. Charles County may be eligible for financial assistance through Missouri’s optional state supplementation (OSS) program. This cash assistance program is available to seniors who live in a licensed assisted living facility and don’t have sufficient income to pay for their care.

Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.

Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in St. Charles County

More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living

• Veterans Benefits
  • Life Insurance Policy
  • Long-Term Care Insurance
  • Reverse Mortgage

For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.

Free Assisted Living Resources in St. Charles County

ResourceContact Service
Aging Ahead(800) 243-6060Aging Ahead is the designated Area Agency on Aging that provides supportive services to seniors in St. Charles and surrounding counties. Aging adults can get help applying for health insurance and finding long-term care options. The AAA also offers transportation, legal and elder abuse prevention resources. The Choice program provides senior activities and educational seminars at libraries, community centers and churches throughout the agency’s service area.
Missouri Veterans Commission(314) 253-4455Service officers at this state-run agency are available to help veterans access financial assistance and entitlement programs that may help cover the cost of assisted living care. Service members can get help submitting and tracking applications for state and federal benefits, such as disability compensation, health care benefits, pensions and pension top-up benefits through the VA Aid and Attendance program.
Mayor Tom Brown Senior Center(573) 751-6400Located in St. Peters, this St. Charles County senior center offers older adults the use of a library, fitness center, billiards room and computer room. Adults aged 60 and over are invited to participate in educational seminars, art workshops and exercise classes. Health clinics, including blood pressure and blood sugar testing, are held here, and the center also offers a transportation and errand assistance program.
Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services(636) 524-8507The Department of Health & Senior Services offers a variety of educational programs designed to keep adults healthy as they age, including chronic disease control and fall prevention classes. The department’s long-term care ombudsman program provides advocacy and assistance to residents of assisted living communities. It also operates a legal helpline and a resource center where seniors can find information about local services.
Legal Services of Eastern Missouri(800) 444-0514This nonprofit organization’s elder law program offers free help with civil legal issues, such as housing disputes and consumer matters. Seniors can also get help preparing wills, care directives and powers of attorney. Attorneys here also work to ensure low-income seniors have equal access to public benefits programs and healthcare services.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in St. Charles County

St. Charles-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.

Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in St. Charles County