Lake St Charles Retirement Community

Reviews of Lake St Charles Retirement Community

Assisted Living Reviews for Lake St Charles Retirement Community

June 28, 2016

By Cindy878710

My mother will move into Lake St. Charles. The rooms are nice. She'll have a 1-bedroom independent living apartment. There is a spa, a hair salon, and a gym. There's all kinds of stuff. Lake St. Charles is a big place. The dining area is very nice. They have lots of activities and pretty grounds. I think that the biggest draw is that it is homey. My mother felt like it is very comfortable and very nice. The people that showed us around were very nice. There is a pavilion for barbecuing. It’s very pretty.

March 26, 2016

By Shirley122753050

Lake St Charles was very nice. The rooms were very homey and well taken care of. The staff were extra super nice. They had quite a few things for activities and trips to wherever you wanted to go, like the grocery store or church, if the church was not too far away. It seemed a really nice place.

December 16, 2015

By Norm3

Lake St. Charles Senior Living Community is a small facility, so it was very convenient for my father to get around. The staff were outstanding. The food was very good. There was nothing I did not like about it at all, except that it was too far from my home. There are people playing the piano; they have bingo and other kinds of games going on. They have excursions to the parks from time to time. I would recommend this facility to people looking for a nicer place, because they are reasonably priced, and they provided very good care. It was very clean, well decorated. As far as I’m concerned, it is a nice place.

November 24, 2015

By Anonymous119962050

My friend is at Lake St. Charles. It is very nice, and the people that run it are good people. I noticed that the people living there seem very happy. They sit around out of their rooms and are friendly. They have an exercise room and plenty of activities, like puzzles, and always have coffee around. They have small and larger rooms. My friend took the smaller room, but it is very nice. She has a little kitchen in there.

November 07, 2014

By Barbara97319850

My aunt moved into Lake St. Charles Retirement in August, and she is doing very well. It was a very good choice. One, it was a close location to where my handicapped sister is in a Medicare facility and they can visit back and forth, which was nice. They also took dogs, and she had a little dog that moved with her. Unfortunately, he just passed away in the last two weeks, and that was very disturbing. Those were two of the reasons why we chose it. Everybody was very, very friendly, plus I was told about them by a lady whose husband worked there for 25 years, and it just all kind of came together in a nice way. The facility is beautiful, well-kept, clean, and sanitary. They are very meticulous about everything, so that is nice. They have 3 different restaurant facilities, we did have lunch there, and the food was good. It has a lot of acreage with trees around it, so it is a very, very quiet park place. She has a nice one-bedroom with a nice sliding glass door that looks out to the area with trees and everything; it also has a beautiful sunset view.

June 19, 2014

By June14

My husband and I used to live at Lake St. Charles. I was very satisfied there. They were very lovely. They had assisted living, independent living, and a nursing home. Every level of it was great. The food was excellent, and the service was good. The cleaning service was also good, and everybody was really friendly and helpful. There were very nice people in it. They provided transportation to doctors, and they also had a doctor that came there, but I stuck with mine. The activities were very good. They had sing-a-longs, and they also had bingo several times a week.

June 20, 2012

By Charlene1

It was actually my friend's daughter who happened to be in Lake Saint Charles. She's 63 years old and her mom is 97. So they are planning to move her to Florida. My friend's daughter only stayed in this facility for like a week. My daughter is a registered nurse and she did visit her and my daughter said she should have not taken her in the facility because it was really horrible. She even saw my friend's daughter, she was sitting out smoking because it's really depressing. So they took her out of there right away. She her self said she wanted to get out in the facility. It was actually a sort of assisted and independent Living facility. She needed to be able to take care of her self and she was going to be put in a house within the facility and the captivity on her own. It was dirty and really terrible. It's really awful and the place is dirty. It was really bad experience. So now she's staying at her own apartment with an in-home care service.

June 15, 2012

By Thunder1

Lake St. Charles Retirement home is a very nice home for the price. I took my grandmother there seven months ago. Not knowing what to expect, I was quite surprised. When I first walk in the first thing I notice was how clean the retirement home was. I have heard horror stories and seen specials with undercover cameras that in and show the worst things possible. This was not the case it seemed like some was always around cleaning something. The next thing I noticed was how helpful the staff was they answered all of my questions on how this process would work and what my grandmother could expect on a daily basis such as how would they give her medicine and what times do they eat. Also they explained even though my grandmother has dementia there where lot of things she could do. She has been there for seven months now and is happier than I ever seen her in the last few years.

June 29, 2011

Terrific Residential Opportunity for Seniors Probably the best independent living opportunity in the St. Louis metropolitan area. Also, the most price competitive. The food is better than most restaurants. My grandfather has lived there for almost 20 years and he absolutely loves it. The family is always impressed by the professionalism and commitment of the staff when we visit. If you are shopping for independent living (or assisted living) and you haven't walked through the tour of Lake St. Charles, you are missing out! I’ve had friends in this facility off and on for years. They all have remained completely satisfied. Some have been more independent and active than others, but they all have received the care needed for their specific situation. Upon visiting the center consistently appears clean, tidy, and smells great. The warmness of the center is visible and often on visits there are fresh flowers located in the social areas.

Independent Living Reviews for Lake St Charles Retirement Community

December 02, 2019

By Marjorie

I liked Lake St. Charles Retirement Community very much. The price was right, but they don't allow scooters, and I need to use a scooter. They had the best food and the best price. It wasn't fancy, but it was nice. The staff member during the tour was a nice young man, very knowledgeable about what was going on, and he explained a lot of things. I had lunch there. The facility was pretty laid out. When they have entertainment, they have a dance floor that they unfold in a big room. It's an old place, and they haven't upgraded a lot of things. The food was good.

April 23, 2019

By Steve

Lake St. Charles Retirement Community was a really good community. The layout was nice. We really liked it. The staff was good and friendly, and they provide a lot of services. The rooms were clean and acceptable for what they have. The residents get two meals and they've got a pretty good selection. The dining area looked clean, open, and nice. They have quite a few things they can do.

June 30, 2018

By Rachel

The Lake St. Charles was very nice, very clean, upscale, and the administrator seemed very personally invested. It was over our budget. The staff seemed friendly and sincere. The rooms were very nice, small, and adequate. The people living there looked happy, and that was good.

April 17, 2018

By Self123

I chose Lake St Charles. The price was wonderful, reasonable, and doable. It has a very home-like atmosphere, had a peaceful, secluded setting, and it's by a lake. The staff was excellent and very welcoming. It's an older facility, but the food was excellent.

November 08, 2017

By Sandy S.

My mother has been living at Lake St Charles for almost two months. She has a 2-room apartment with a bedroom, living room, a kitchen with a stove and refrigerator, and two closets. They have plenty of activities going on seven days a week all throughout the day starting at 8:00 in the morning right into the evening. The staff is absolutely wonderful and if you have a problem they're more than willing to help you and they're willing to fix things immediately. The food is good. They have a coin-operated washer and dryer available, a beauty salon, and a doctor and nurse on-site. My mom is in independent living.

Thank you very much! We love our residents and our families at Lake St Charles! We look forward to having you and your famiily over at our very exciting and popular Holiday events! Our families enjoy our events as much as our residents do! -Samantha

May 30, 2017

By jim084017

Lake St Charles Retirement Community's rooms were OK, but they looked smallish. They had a very small library and a recreation room. The place seemed to fairly clean and pretty well-maintained, and the staff was OK. The dining area looked fairly comfortable, but I didn't care for being assigned to a table and eat there all the time with the same people. Their parking is so far from the front door, and they have a whole bunch of parking up close, but that's all handicapped. They're about a hundred yards away from the front door.

May 30, 2017

By janice361302

We were pleased with Lake St Charles Retirement. The people were really nice there. We sat and ate with the girl that ran the place. She was very nice and very friendly. The dining area was very nice. The food was wonderful. The only down about it was pay laundry. You have to pay for your laundry, and they only offer one meal.

March 06, 2017

By Christine471547

Lake St Charles Retirement Community was kind of big. My mom could have been walking a lot because it was sprawling. The people were very friendly. Everybody I talked to loved it there, so I got a good impression. It had a great big room for meetings, and that was good. They had a huge activity calendar and a bus that took people to churches and places. It was in the area that my mom wanted to live at the time. The grounds were very nice, very pretty, and well kept. The only reason why I gave it a 4 was that it was a bit older and wasn’t modern looking.

August 22, 2016

By David366358

The independent living staff at Lake St. Charles was fine. The rooms were very acceptable. The food was great. The residents seemed to like it there.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our Lake St Charles Retirement Community! We are so glad you enjoyed your visit. You touched on the two things that our residents and family say time and time again. Great food and our residents do really like it here because of all the beautiful surroundings and amenities!

March 15, 2016

By Visitor121878050

My visit to Lake St. Charles was very good. The people working there were extremely nice. The activities I saw looked very nice. I liked the fact that the dining room was open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. and that it's close to my house.

September 16, 2014

I chose Lake St. Charles mainly because of its proximity to my son, and it was a little more reasonable than some of the others. The food, most of the time, is a bad meal, but you can choose what you want because they have open menus, and you can get one or three meals a day. The staff is all very pleasant and they keep the place clean. One thing they can improve on is parking; they don't have adequate parking space. I sure would recommend this place to others.

Costs for Lake St Charles Retirement Community

Photos of Lake St Charles Retirement Community

Services and Amenities of Lake St Charles Retirement Community

About Lake St Charles Retirement Community

Our mission is “To create an affordable living center for seniors with innovative services for a lifestyle of encouragement & convenience.” To accomplish that, our community boasts longevity of staff (come see our “Wall of Fame”) with very little turnover of employees. Our seasoned staff knows where it’s been & where it’s going. But best of all, we enjoy our senior customers.

Lake St. Charles is located on a beautiful hillside with a panoramic lake view in convenient St. Charles, Missouri.

Offering “choices” is our specialty, from optional meal plans, how you spend your leisure time, to various financial rental arrangements, and 5 sizes of apartments!

Various “levels of care” are important so we offer independent lifestyle, wellness assistance, day care, licensed assisted living, plus skilled nursing & rehab next door at NHC St. Charles. For convenience, we have a Physician’s office right here, staffed by Gerontologists from St. Louis University.

Yet we are affordable! Check out our “Cost Comparison Worksheet”. We encourage you to call our Community Coordinators for details on Price Plans and Payment Plans, all designed to help our seniors maintain control of their finances.

Veterans Benefits are available, and we have a person on staff who will assist you in discovering awards and financial benefits for which you may qualify.

Map of Lake St Charles Retirement Community