45 Assisted Living Facilities near Creve Coeur, MO
Also serving communities of Overland.
There are 45 Assisted Living Facilities in the Creve Coeur area, with 4 in Creve Coeur and 41 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Creve Coeur is $5,240 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Webster Groves with an average starting cost of $3,415.
To help you with your search, browse the 217 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Creve Coeur. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Creve Coeur 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bridgeton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Creve Coeur, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Creve Coeur, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Creve Coeur
The center of the esteemed West St. Louis County includes Creve Coeur, a small city where nearly 25 percent of residents are over the age of 65. There are 49 assisted living facilities near Creve Coeur, including four communities in the city itself. The Department of Health and Senior Services regulates the care provided by these facilities as well as the remaining assisted living communities throughout the state of Missouri.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Creve Coeur
- Temperatures go from cool to hot, sometimes in the same day, so St. Louis County natives joke you should wait 5 minutes if you don't like the current weather. While temperatures generally range from the mid-20s during the winter to the high 80s during the summer, it's not uncommon to battle below-zero weather or high heat indexes that exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Seniors with respiratory conditions may struggle to breathe easily in Creve Coeur, as its county has an "F" rating from the American Lung Association. St. Charles County, the neighboring county, also has an "F" rating from the association.
- The cost of living is high in Creve Coeur, with homes priced nearly three times higher than other parts of Missouri. Expect to pay more for housing, health care and utilities than you would pay in surrounding counties.
- Creve Coeur is safer than 56 percent of Missouri cities and 44 percent of U.S. cities. The city has a violent crime rate of 1 per 1,000 residents and a property crime rate of 15 per 1,000 residents.
- Creve Coeur has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in St. Louis.
- St. Louis County, which is where Creve Coeur lies, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
Paying for Assisted Living in Creve Coeur
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Creve Coeur start around $5,178 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Creve Coeur and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Creve Coeur
Missouri doesn't offer a specific financial program for residents of assisted facilities, but Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver provides financial help for approved applicants. Seniors can also apply for Supplemental Nursing Care through Medicaid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Creve Coeur
Creve Coeur and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Creve Coeur, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Creve Coeur
Creve Coeur-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Creve Coeur, MO
Other Options in Creve Coeur, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Creve Coeur
Review of Brookdale Creve Coeur
My mom was in Brookdale Creve Coeur. It's a nice place, she was doing just fine, but they didn't get back with me when I asked questions and stuff. They were really big, they were really geared for... Read more
Review of Creve Coeur Assisted Living & Memory Care
We were living at Creve Coeur Assisted Living. It was a good one, and I was happy with it. The people were nice. We had one-bedroom when my husband was there. It was always clean. When my husband p... Read more
Review of The Sheridan at Creve Coeur
The Sheridan at Creve Coeur was an older building, but it was nice. It was smaller than others we saw and there were not as many people. We had lunch there. It seemed like there was somebody sleepi... Read more