56 Assisted Living Facilities near Richmond Heights, MO
Also serving communities of Clayton, University City.
There are 56 Assisted Living Facilities in the Richmond Heights area, with 3 in Richmond Heights and 53 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Richmond Heights is $3,623 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 193 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Richmond Heights. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Richmond Heights 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Creve Coeur with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Richmond Heights, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Richmond Heights, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
Richmond Heights is a small city nestled in St. Louis County, Missouri. This city, which has a population of about 8,400 people, is a suburb of vibrant St. Louis. Just over 15 percent of the city’s residents are senior citizens. In Richmond Heights and the surrounding communities, there are 55 assisted living facilities for seniors to choose from.
The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services regulates Richmond Heights’ assisted living facilities. These facilities provide 24-hour personal care services to three or more residents. In Missouri, assisted living facilities must have a licensed physician available to supervise residents’ care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
- Richmond Heights’ climate is slightly less comfortable than the national average. Winter lows are in the 20s, and the city receives an average of 16 inches of snow every year. Summer highs are in the high 80s. This may be appealing for seniors who would like to experience varied weather.
- The cost of living in Richmond Heights is 12.5 percent higher than the national average. This is driven largely by increased housing prices, which are much higher than the Missouri average. This may be a consideration for budget-conscious seniors.
- The Richmond Heights area is home to world-class medical facilities, including SSM St. Mary’s Health Center and St. Louis University Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- As a suburb of St. Louis, Richmond Heights offers easy access to arts and culture options. Assisted living facilities in Richmond Heights may schedule organized trips to top St. Louis attractions, such as the St. Louis Zoo and the Missouri Botanical Gardens.
- Richmond Heights has an array of community resources for seniors, including the County Older Resident Program, an organization that offers tax preparation, forms assistance and a variety of classes.
- A free senior van service is offered by the Parks and Recreation Cooperative. The PARC service transports seniors to appointments, shopping centers and other destinations. Seniors can also use METRO Transit’s Call-A-Ride service for travel throughout the St. Louis area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Richmond Heights start around $3,623 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Richmond Heights and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
The Supplemental Nursing Care program may help seniors pay for care in licensed assisted living facilities. To receive funding from this cash assistance program, seniors must be eligible for Medicaid. Richmond Heights residents may be eligible for other sources of funding, including the optional state supplement, which can be used to pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Richmond Heights
Richmond Heights and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Richmond Heights, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Richmond Heights
Richmond Heights-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Richmond Heights, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Richmond Heights
Review of Sunrise On Clayton
I was not impressed with Sunrise On Clayton as the other place we toured. I think the location was part of it. It felt more like a hospital in terms of the appearance of the building. The lady who ... Read more
Review of Sunrise On Clayton
My mother has moved into Sunrise on Clayton. It's very nice. It's probably the nicest assisted living facility that I've seen. It's in an excellent location. The interior is very, very nice. The wo... Read more
Review of Lutheran Senior Services at Richmond Terrace
Richmond Terrace Lutheran Senior Services is a very nice facility; we had no complaints at all. The staff was very nice, and the person who gave the tour was very nice and helpful. The price was OK... Read more