Chesterfield is a St. Louis suburb with a senior population of around 12,000, accounting for nearly a quarter of the city’s 50,000 residents. Its violent crime rate is nearly half the national average, and in addition to having one of the top five best hospitals in the state, St. Luke’s Hospital Chesterfield, the city has 396 physicians per capita, well above the national average of 210.

Out of all the different types of senior care, nursing homes offer the widest array of care services with physicians and registered nurses on-site around the clock monitoring vital signs, assisting with medications and performing other skilled nursing procedures. Many facilities also offer physical and occupational therapy. Since the average cost of nursing home care in Chesterfield, $5,355 a month, is higher than most cities in Missouri, seniors who don’t need constant medical supervision may find that assisted living or home care allows more freedom and saves money.

The guide provides an overview of senior care costs and at the end, it lists several programs that may help seniors find their ideal nursing home and pay for the care. Seniors who want to remain in their homes longer can also learn about resources providing in-home care.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Chesterfield, MO

St. Luke’s Rehabilitation Hospital of Chesterfield, Missouri

14709 Olive Blvd, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

I just had a stroke. multiple brain bleeds, and a bunch of blood clots. My independent lifestyle was turned upside down and inside out. I could not take care of myself and go back home. When I arr … (read more)

Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital

14561 N. Outer Forty, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

My father was at Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital. He was there to start healing after a major surgery because he lives by himself. It was fine. Everybody was really nice, and they did a good job. Everyt … (read more)

Mason Pointe

13190 South Outer Forty Road, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

My mother-in-law is in Mason Pointe. It has all levels of care there. It’s a very nice facility. Everybody is very professional, very personal, and very communicative. Anytime I call, I get somebody t … (read more)

Brooking Park

307 SOUTH WOODS MILL ROAD, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

My mother was at Brooking Park and was not given the care she needed. They messed up on her medications. They wouldn’t come and take her to the restroom when she needed help. There was a day she did … (read more)

Surrey Place St Lukes Hosp Skilled Nursing and Rcf

14701 OLIVE BLVD, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

***Warning Warning****** – My father went downhill from the moment he was there, physical therapy was anywhere from only a half hour we he received it, to non-existent. Some of the help would not eve … (read more)

Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield

14855 North Outer 40 Road, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

Delmar Gardens of Chesterfield was clean. The staff was excellent. I liked the fact that it was close to my house and the fact that it has a fairly well-known name. Everybody knows about Delmar Garden … (read more)

Garden View Center of Chesterfield

1025 CHESTERFIELD POINTE PARKWAY, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

My wife was in two other facilities, one month at one, and two months at the other, and we moved her because of the poor care at the other facilities. This place was recommended by a friend and we f … (read more)

Delmar Gardens on the Green

15197 CLAYTON ROAD, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

Talked with resident this evening and he wasn’t able to reach his call button. I called to ask if someone could please go to his room – it took 30 minutes for someone to answer. When visiting – his … (read more)

Delmar Gardens West

13550 South Outer 40 Road, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

Everything at Delmar Gardens West looks nice. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable. My uncle doesn’t have any complaints about their food. They have plenty of things to do. They have a salon, … (read more)

Town and Country Health & Rehab

13995 Clayton Road, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

My mother had been there for over 10 years and I was very satisfied up until the last 2, beginning with the social worker who never returned my calls and was angry that I sat on hold for 2 hours one d … (read more)

The Westchester House

550 WHITE ROAD, Chesterfield, MO, 63017

My mother was in The Westchester House for rehab. The place is understaffed, and the employees are overworked. Most of the help is from an agency, they couldn’t care less, they’re there to get a paych … (read more)

Cottages Of Lake St Louis

2885 Technology Drive, Lake Saint Louis, MO, 63367

My husband was at Cottages of Lake St Louis. It was fine. He got a lot of physical therapy and he has improved greatly. The staff were all very helpful and very attentive to him. His experience is goo … (read more)

Mcclay Senior Care

3801 Mcclay Road, Saint Peters, MO, 63376

StoneBridge Senior Living – Maryland Heights

2963 Doddridge Avenue, Maryland Heights, MO, 63043

We chose StoneBridge Senior Living – Maryland Heights for my father because they had Medicaid beds available, the staff there that I met was very helpful, and it was close to where I was living, so th … (read more)

Breeze Park

600 BREEZE PARK DRIVE, St. Charles, MO, 63304

The Villages of St. Peters

5400 Executive Centre Parkway, Saint Peters, MO, 63376

My mother was in Rehab there for 18 days after Congestive heart failure from Covid. I would give the PT and OT team an A+. They rest of the place I would give a D. The PT and OT team did a great jo … (read more)

Meramec Bluffs

1 Meramec Bluffs Drive, Ballwin, MO, 63021

Someone in my family is currently at this facility. When I call, the staff does not answer and they do not return calls. I have been calling for five days to try and get them to address my concerns: c … (read more)

The Gatesworth

One McKnight Place, Saint Louis, MO, 63124

The Quarters at Des Peres

13230 Manchester Road, Des Peres, MO, 63131

When you walk through the doors to where the patient rooms are there is an over powering smell of urine. My loved one was a patient for about 2 weeks and never once got a meal that was warm-it came c … (read more)

Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center

110 HIGHLAND AVENUE, Valley Park, MO, 63088

Rooms are spacious, clean and homelike. Staff staff seem to be caring and understanding of the residents needs

Nursing Home Costs in Chesterfield, MO

Nursing home care in Chesterfield costs an average of $6,479 a month with a private room and $5,355 a month with semiprivate accommodations.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Within Missouri, Chesterfield is one of the pricier cities for nursing home care, but compared to the additional $2,401 a month most nursing home residents around the country pay for the same care and services, it’s quite affordable. Columbia and Jefferson City are among the least expensive nearby cities, with most of their seniors paying $415 and $336 less each month, respectively, than nursing home residents in Chesterfield. Cape Girardeau’s median cost of care is $184 lower than Chesterfields, and across the border in Carbondale, Illinois, seniors are paying $123 less, on average.

$5355

Cape Girardeau

$5232

Carbondale, IL

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

After nursing home care, home care and home health care are the most costly types of senior care in Chesterfield with most seniors paying about $4,481 a month for either type of care. Assisted living has a median monthly care price of $3,750, and for adult day health care, seniors pay an average of $1,842 a month, making it the most affordable type of care in Chesterfield.

$4481

Adult day health care

$3750

Assisted living

$5355

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$6479

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for Chesterfield was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, St. Louis, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Chesterfield, MO

Free Resources for Seniors in Chesterfield, MO

Through the following resources, seniors can receive assistance learning about nursing facilities near their home and different options to pay for care. Some programs also offer in-home services, often enabling seniors to remain living in their homes for more time.

Resource

Contact

Service

From the Temporary Assistance program and its short-term cash relief to food assistance and MO HealthNet, the state's Medicaid Program, the Missouri DSS can assist seniors with matters related to a variety of government assistance programs. Workers at the agency can explain guidelines for nursing home care coverage and the Supplemental Nursing Care Program as well as handle paperwork for Medicaid appeals and denials. At the DSS, seniors can also apply for home and community-based services that could help delay nursing home placement.

Seniors enrolled in Meals on Wheels receive hot, well-balanced meals delivered to their doorstep five days per week. Each meal is prepared to contain one-third of the recommended daily nutrition for seniors, and during deliveries, volunteers also perform a brief wellness check. Seniors must be at least 60 years of age to qualify, and although meals are free, a small donation is requested.

The goal of the Long-Term Care Ombudsman is to advocate for the best interests of Chesterfield's seniors residing in nursing homes and assisted living facilities as well as to empower them to resolve issues themselves. Ombudsmen can investigate complaints filed against senior care facilities and when necessary, collaborate with legal authorities to resolve matters favorably.

Aging Ahead is the Area Agency on Aging serving Chesterfield, functioning as a single contact to access a variety of services to help seniors live at home while maintaining their physical and mental wellness. The agency's community options specialists have extensive knowledge about Medicaid and Medicare coverage and can advise seniors how they can prolong the amount of time they can remain at home with services such as in-home care, medical transportation and home-delivered meals.