13 Assisted Living Facilities near Festus, MO
Also serving communities of Crystal City.
There are 13 Assisted Living Facilities in the Festus area, with 8 in Festus and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 10 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Festus. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Festus 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Herculaneum with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Festus, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Festus, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Festus
Festus is a small farm community that grew up along the banks of the Mississippi River during Mark Twain's time, and much of the town still keeps its clean, whitewashed demeanor. Only 1,200 people live in Festus, and 16% percent of the residents are seniors aged 65 and over.
Local seniors have their pick from among 12 assisted living facilities inside the city limits, with several more scattered throughout the southern St. Louis region. These residential care facilities are regulated through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Regulation and Licensure, which inspects facilities across the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Festus
- The weather in Festus is balmy and humid in summer, when the average daytime highs reach 88 degrees. Overnight winter lows average 21 degrees in December, when Festus gets roughly 11 inches of snow. Spring and fall in Festus bring 42.5 inches of rain a year, which frequently raises pollen and other allergens seniors sometimes struggle with from the banks of the adjacent Mississippi River.
- The cost of living in Festus is not far from the national average for most items. Seniors in Festus pay 97% of the national median cost for many common household necessities. Healthcare is slightly more expensive here. Seniors pay an average of 1% above the typical national rate for healthcare and related services.
- Crime rates in Festus are close to, but generally less severe than, the equivalent national average rates. Seniors in Festus face a 5% lower chance of witnessing or experiencing a crime of any kind than is the average nationwide. Local crimes are further slanted toward non-violent property offenses, rather than acts of violence.
- Festus seniors can get around Jefferson County aboard one of the ADA-compliant vehicles of JeffCo Express, which provides scheduled bus service throughout the area. Riders with limited mobility and seniors aged 60 and over can ride JeffCo Express lines for a discount with a valid JeffCo Express Discount ID Card.
- The Festus area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Hospital Jefferson, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Festus has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Mid-East Area Agency on Aging (MEAAA), an organization that offers food bank services, telephone reassurance and volunteer services for local seniors, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Festus
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Festus start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Festus and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Festus
Seniors living in Festus can get help managing the cost of senior living through a state Comprehensive Waiver, which pays for many senior-oriented services, including residential care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Festus
Festus and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Festus, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Festus
Festus-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Festus
Review of Crystal Oaks
My mom was a resident of Crystal Oaks, and the place was fine. It was clean and nice enough, and the staff members were all very helpful and friendly. The regular food in the dining area was good, ... Read more
Review of Crystal Oaks
My mother has been here for almost 2 years. She can be a handful to care for, They have been very patient, but persistent that she participates in her care (walks at least part way to the dining ro... Read more
Review of Crystal Oaks
The website makes it look like such a wonderful place, with people running it who just love the geriatric population. Well don't be fooled by any of this, as it is the furthest thing from the truth... Read more