The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Festus, MO for 2023
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Festus area, with 7 in Festus and 5 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 11 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Festus. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Festus 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Herculaneum with an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Festus, call (855) 948-3865.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Festus, Missouri
1500 Calvary Church Road, Festus, MO, 63028
"My mom was a resident of Crystal Oaks, and the place was fine. It was clean and nice enough, and the staff members were all very helpful and friendly. The regular food in the dining area was good, although my mom only had pureed food, which she di..."READ MORE
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Caring's Family Advisors are here to help you with questions about senior living and care options.
Autumn Ridge Residences
300 Autumn Ridge Dr, Herculaneum, MO, 63048
"I toured Autumn Ridge Residences and it was OK. The place was nice and clean, and the staff was excellent. I really wasn't too pleased with this facility because they had some strange rules about the top floor being for independent living and the ..."READ MORE
Scenic Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC
1333 SCENIC DRIVE, Herculaneum, MO, 63048
"They have very friendly staff. My mom has been a resident here for a few years now and I would not pick another place. Room is always clean and management team is very responsive. "READ MORE
StoneBridge The Villas
1550 Villa Drive, De Soto, MO, 63020
"I didn't like StoneBridge The Villas very much. It was old and rundown. They didn't seem to have very many amenities, and they didn't have elevators to get to the rooms. They had a nice outside courtyard. The staff was friendly, but not very knowl..."READ MORE
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Festus
Festus is a small farm community that grew up along the banks of the Mississippi River during Mark Twain's time, and much of the town still keeps its clean, whitewashed demeanor. Only 1,200 people live in Festus, and 16% percent of the residents are seniors aged 65 and over.
Local seniors have their pick from among 12 assisted living facilities inside the city limits, with several more scattered throughout the southern St. Louis region. These residential care facilities are regulated through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Regulation and Licensure, which inspects facilities across the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Festus
- The weather in Festus is balmy and humid in summer, when the average daytime highs reach 88 degrees. Overnight winter lows average 21 degrees in December, when Festus gets roughly 11 inches of snow. Spring and fall in Festus bring 42.5 inches of rain a year, which frequently raises pollen and other allergens seniors sometimes struggle with from the banks of the adjacent Mississippi River.
- The cost of living in Festus is not far from the national average for most items. Seniors in Festus pay 97% of the national median cost for many common household necessities. Healthcare is slightly more expensive here. Seniors pay an average of 1% above the typical national rate for healthcare and related services.
- Crime rates in Festus are close to, but generally less severe than, the equivalent national average rates. Seniors in Festus face a 5% lower chance of witnessing or experiencing a crime of any kind than is the average nationwide. Local crimes are further slanted toward non-violent property offenses, rather than acts of violence.
- Festus seniors can get around Jefferson County aboard one of the ADA-compliant vehicles of JeffCo Express, which provides scheduled bus service throughout the area. Riders with limited mobility and seniors aged 60 and over can ride JeffCo Express lines for a discount with a valid JeffCo Express Discount ID Card.
- The Festus area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Hospital Jefferson, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Festus has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Mid-East Area Agency on Aging (MEAAA), an organization that offers food bank services, telephone reassurance and volunteer services for local seniors, as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Festus
Assisted Living costs in Festus start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Festus and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Cities in Missouri
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Festus
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Festus
Festus and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Festus, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Festus
Festus-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.