12 Assisted Living Facilities near Farmington, MO
Also serving communities of Doe Run, Pilot Knob, Ironton, Fredericktown.
There are 12 Assisted Living Facilities in the Farmington area, with 7 in Farmington and 5 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Farmington is $4,337 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 8 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Farmington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Farmington 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Festus with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Farmington, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Farmington, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Farmington
Voted one of the top 100 small towns in 2015, Farmington provides a peaceful home for nearly 19,000 residents, more than 14% of whom are seniors at least 65 years old. As they age, many residents decide to remain in the Farmington area, which was established more than 200 years ago.
There are a few assisted living facilities in Farmington for seniors who want to age in their hometown, plus more than 20 additional facilities in nearby cities. The Department of Health and Senior Services regularly evaluates the performance of these facilities so that elderly residents receive appropriate care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Farmington
- The Farmington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Parkland Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Temperatures typically range from 25 to 88 degrees in Farmington, though sometimes temperatures hit single digits or the high 90s. Seniors sensitive to extreme temperatures may want to consider assisted living communities where the rooms have individual thermostats.
- Farmington is safer than just 11% of other U.S. cities. However, most of the city's crimes involve property damage rather than violent crimes, so seniors can safely explore their community. On average, Missourians are more than twice as likely to experience violence in other parts of the state than in Farmington.
- Golden-agers enjoy line dancing, card games and dominoes, and exercise classes at the Farmington OAKS Senior Center. The senior center also hosts several senior-friendly groups, including the Silver Bells Red Hat group and the Mineral Area Woodcarvers. Seniors seeking other intellectual or cultural activities can participate in programs at the local library or visit its senior outreach center.
- The Southeast Missouri Transportation Service runs through Farmington from Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Seniors must schedule a ride in advance, and no fare is required for riders over the age of 60.
- Farmington has a score of 81.6 on a 100-point cost of living scale, making it more affordable than the U.S. average and Missouri average. Housing and transportation cost significantly less in Farmington than other parts of Missouri, but seniors with medical concerns should consider that health expenses are slightly higher.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Farmington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Farmington start around $4,337 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Farmington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Farmington
Farmington seniors who meet the income requirements for MoHealthNet for Seniors may qualify for state-funded financial help with assisted living expenses. Assistance is available for qualifying seniors via the State Plan Personal Care Option and the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Farmington
Farmington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Farmington, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Farmington
Farmington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Farmington
Review of Farmington Presbyterian Manor
My parents lived in Presbyterian Manor. Everything was wonderful, and we loved the staff. They were just too far away, and we wanted to move them closer to me. Read more
Review of Harris Manor Care Center
HELLO, UPON THE FIRST DAY AS A RESIDENT, THE FIRST DETAIL I NOTICED THAT IT SEEMED THAT AT LEAST 85% OF MY FELLOW REIDENTS WERE DOING NON-STOP BEGGING FOR MY CIGERRTES. IT WAS A HOT AUGUST WEEKEND... Read more
Review of Harris Manor Care Center
I like to walk around Harris Manor. Staff, who are unaware that I am there, are pleasantly interacting with residents. They take pride in making Harris Manor feel homelike, both in decor, and in ... Read more