3 Assisted Living Facilities near Perryville, MO
Also serving communities of Saint Mary.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Perryville area, with 2 in Perryville and 1 nearby.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Perryville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Perryville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Perryville
Perryville is located in Perry County, Missouri, and is home to about 8,400 people. It's estimated that seniors make up about 18% of Perryville's population. The city has an array of community resources for seniors, including a local senior center where they can participate in games and puzzles, visit the computer lab or enjoy a hot meal.
Seniors who need support and assistance with the activities of daily living may transition to one of the area's three assisted living facilities, two of which are located in Perryville. These facilities are licensed and monitored by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Perryville
- The Perryville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Perry County Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Social Security benefits are exempt from state income tax in Missouri, and there is a large deduction available to minimize the state taxes paid on public pension income. Private pension income and money from retirement savings accounts are taxed as regular income. A senior's source of retirement income may affect how much they can put toward assisted living expenses in Perryville.
- Perryville has a cost of living that is about 20% lower than the national average and 10% lower than the statewide average, which may result in lower assisted living expenses in local facilities.
- The rate of violent crime in Perryville is roughly on par with the national average, and property crime is slightly less prevalent here than in an average U.S. city. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that uses modern security technology to keep residents safe.
Year-round temperatures in Perryville range between 22-89 degrees, making it one of the warmer cities in Missouri. The city receives just 7 inches of annual snows, most of which falls in February. Seniors may want to find out what activities are offered by their assisted living facility during the cold months.
- The air quality in Perryville is about the same as the national average, rating 61 on a scale of one to 100, with 100 being the best. Seniors with conditions like COPD or heart disease may want to track daily air quality and stay indoors on days with high smog or particle pollution levels.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Perryville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Perryville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Perryville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Perryville
Perryville seniors who need financial assistance with their assisted living services may be eligible for the state's Aged and Disabled Medicaid waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Perryville
Perryville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Perryville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Perryville
Perryville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.