3 Assisted Living Facilities in Clinton, MO
Also serving communities of Appleton City.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clinton, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clinton
Clinton is a starting point for the annual Tour of Missouri bicycle race, as well as the terminus of the historic Katy Trail, a 225-mile former rail line that is now a nature walk and bicycle path running as far as Texas. Home to 9,000 people, 19% of Clinton's residents are seniors aged 65 and over. Within the city limits, no fewer than 16 assisted living facilities offer room and board, assistance with daily activities and often complimentary transportation to and from medical appointments. These facilities are licensed by the Missouri Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clinton
- The weather in Clinton can be hot in summer and cold in the winter. August highs in Clinton average 89 degrees during the day, while overnight lows in December average 19. Clinton gets 13 inches of snow and 45 inches of rain in a typical year, which can sometimes raise pollen and mold counts and cause issues for seniors with asthma or COPD.
- The cost of living in Clinton is generally well below the national average. Seniors in Clinton pay about 19% less than the average nationwide for most personal expenses. Healthcare is an exception to this, however. Seniors in Clinton can expect to pay close to 8% more for medical care than seniors typically do across the nation.
- Crime rates in Clinton are generally high. The reported rate of property crimes is nearly double the average for American cities the size of Clinton, though seniors are not at a significantly elevated risk of violent crime. Overall, the town's crime rates are roughly 40% above the national average in all categories combined.
- Public transportation in Clinton is provided by the buses and vans of Clinton Transit. Clinton Transit serves much of Henry County with scheduled routes, and it offers on-demand and assisted transit services for Clinton seniors and riders with limited mobility.
- The Clinton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Central Ozarks Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Clinton has an array of community resources for seniors, including the West Central Missouri Community Action Agency, an organization that offers seniors in Clinton assistance with late rent and mortgage payments, financial counseling and some emergency utility disconnect services, as well as five senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clinton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Clinton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clinton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clinton
Seniors in Clinton can get assistance with the cost of assisted living through the Missouri Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefit. This program augments the federal SSI low-income program for Missouri seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clinton
Clinton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clinton, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clinton
Clinton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.