3 Assisted Living Facilities in Warrensburg, MO
Also serving communities of Holden, Concordia, Higginsville.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Warrensburg. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Warrensburg 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grain Valley with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warrensburg, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warrensburg
Warrensburg, Missouri, is known as the birthplace of the popular expression man's best friend, which originated during a well-publicized court trial involving a beloved dog. Now a university town with 20,262 residents, Warrensburg has three assisted living facilities to support the 10% of its population who are aged 65 years and older and who may need help with activities of daily living.
In Warrensburg, as throughout the entire state of Missouri, these facilities are indeed officially known as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs). They are administered by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warrensburg
- The Warrensburg area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the West Missouri Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Warrensburg is an affordable place to live for seniors concerned about their budgets, as the town's overall cost of living is 10% less than the average in the rest of the country. Healthcare costs, however, are higher than both the Missouri and United States averages.
- Warrensburg seniors are served by the Johnson County Transit System, which provides flexible pick-up and drop-off schedules and discounted fares for residents aged 60 years and older.
- Property crime in Warrensburg occurs significantly more often than elsewhere in the country and has an overall rating of 44.3 out of 100. The rate of violent crime is lower, with a score of 16.2 out of 100, which is 6.5% lower than the U.S. average. Seniors can ask their assisted living facilities providers what safety measures are in place to keep them secure.
- Missouri taxes are somewhat friendly to Warrensburg seniors, as the state only partially taxes Social Security and public pension income. Private pensions and withdrawals from retirement accounts are subject to the full tax rate.
- Seniors who enjoy the sun will appreciate that Warrensburg sees around 217 sunny days per year, which is 12 more than the rest of the country gets, on average. Winters are neither very cold, with an average mid-January low of 19 degrees, nor very snowy with a yearly average of just 13 inches.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warrensburg
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Warrensburg start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warrensburg and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warrensburg
Seniors on a budget who need help paying for assisted living can look into Medicaid programs like the State Plan Personal Care Option, the Aged and Disabled waiver and the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warrensburg
Warrensburg and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warrensburg, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warrensburg
Warrensburg-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Warrensburg
Review of Harmony Gardens
My parents and I visited and we all thought the facility was great. The food was great! The staff was great! However, both of my parents are back and forth on moving out of their house. A room ... Read more
Review of Country Club Care Center of Warrensburg
My folks were in Country Club Care Center. I thought it was adequate, but it wasn't that nice. The rooms were OK, and their dining room was all right. They had a big community of living space. They... Read more
Review of Country Club Care Center of Warrensburg
We chose Country Club Care Center for my mother because it is reflective of where my mother used to live in. I like the atmosphere in this facility. The staff is a lot more professional than the ot... Read more