2 Assisted Living Facilities in Marshall, MO
Also serving communities of Sweet Springs.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Marshall. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Marshall 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Marshall, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Marshall
Located in Saline County, Marshall, Missouri, has plenty of activities for active seniors. This includes the town's scenic parks and golf courses, an aviation museum and a senior center. Of the town's approximately 13,000 citizens, 16% are at least 65 years old, and some of these aging citizens may need help with daily tasks. To provide the needed care, there are two assisted living facilities within the city limits. These facilities are governed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services throughout Missouri, including Marshall.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Marshall
- Seniors in Marshall and all of Missouri pay the full tax rate on retirement account withdrawals as well as private pension income. However, public pensions and Social Security are only partially taxed.
- At 80.4, Marshall's cost of living is about 20% lower than the national average and 8% lower than the state median. This is due to housing costs that are around 40% lower than the national average and much lower transportation costs, both of which could help seniors and their families save money for assisted living costs.
- Marshall's violent crime rate is 13.4, 9 points lower than the national average, and its property crime rate of 38 is slightly higher than the U.S. average of 35.4. However, it's violent crime rate is less than half the state average of 28.9, so seniors may feel safer in Marshall than many other Missouri cities.
- With average temperatures ranging between 18 degrees in January to 87 degrees in July, Marshall experiences a wide variety of weather. Seniors who don't like snow will be happy to hear the town gets just 14 inches of it per year.
- According to the EPA, Marshall's air quality is 60, two points higher than the national average, and the town's water quality is on par with the national average of 55. This may be welcome news for seniors with asthma or COPD who shouldn't find it more difficult to breathe here than in cities of similar size across the country.
- The Marshall area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fitzgibbon Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Marshall
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Marshall start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Marshall and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Marshall
Some Marshall seniors who already receive Medicaid may be able to get additional assistance from the Aged and Disabled waiver, the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program or Missouri's State Plan Personal Care Option.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Marshall
Marshall and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Marshall, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Marshall
Marshall-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Marshall
Review of Golden Oaks LLC
My mother has been a resident here for a couple of years. The care is wonderful, the staff is professional and they genuinely care about all the residents and their well being. I know my mother i... Read more
Review of Golden Oaks LLC
My mother was in this facility for several years. She was treated with dignity and respect. It was with sadness that she had to leave, she is unable to do anything for herself and depends complete... Read more