2 Assisted Living Facilities in Warsaw, MO
Also serving communities of Lincoln.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Warsaw, call (855) 863-8283.
Assisted Living near Benton County, MO
More Options Near Warsaw, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Warsaw
Warsaw, located in Benton County, is surrounded by two lakes: Lake of Ozarks and Truman Lake. Seniors who enjoy being near the water and who also require assistance with daily living tasks have two assisted living facilities in Warsaw to choose from with nine more nearby in Clinton and Humansville.
In Warsaw, as in all of the state, assisted living facilities are managed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. This department conducts annual inspections and complaint reviews to ensure the safety and health of all seniors in the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Warsaw
- Cold, chilly winters average between 32 to 48 degrees in Warsaw, which could be a potential hazard for seniors living here. Alternatively, seniors enjoy relatively mild, relatively dry summers, averaging 76 to 80 degrees, that allow for more outdoor recreations.
- Seniors with respiratory illnesses may find it easier to breathe in the Warsaw area with an air quality index 25 percent better than the national average.
- Warsaw is considered cheaper to live with an average cost of living rating of 85 compared to the national rating of 100. However, seniors often pay higher expenses here, including groceries, health care, transportation and goods and services.
- Residents in Warsaw experience 87 percent higher crime rates than those in the state. Seniors may also need to consider that the town is considered only 8 percent safer than other cities in the nation before moving here.
- The Lake of Ozarks area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lake Regional Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Warsaw has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Benton County: Village Cafe - Warsaw Senior Center, an organization that provides nutrition programs, community services, long-term care senior advocacy, health insurance counseling and support services to all residential seniors.
Paying for Assisted Living in Warsaw
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Warsaw start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Warsaw and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Warsaw
Missouri assists eligible seniors in Warsaw with financing a residential care or assisted living facility through the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care (SPPC) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Warsaw
Warsaw and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Warsaw, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Warsaw
Warsaw-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.