3 Assisted Living Facilities in Eldon, MO
Also serving communities of Tuscumbia, California.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Eldon, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Eldon
The '60s TV show Petticoat Junction was unofficially based on the Burris Hotel in downtown Eldon, which contains a definite flavor of this small central Missouri town in rural Miller County. The mostly open farm country is home to over 25,000 people, 19% of whom are seniors aged 65 and over. Within the town limits of Eldon, at least five assisted living facilities offer local seniors independent living with daily assistance for personal care and meal preparation. These facilities are regulated on the state level by the Missouri Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Eldon
- The weather in Eldon is highly variable and hard to predict in spring and fall, warm in the summer and sometimes very cold in winter. Seniors in Eldon can expect summer highs that average 89 degrees and winter lows that dip to 21. Eldon doesn't get much snow in winter, though the summer months can bring up to 44 inches of rain.
- The cost of living in Eldon is about 16% below the national average for most personal and household expense categories combined. One exception to the generally low cost of living in medical care. Seniors in Eldon pay an average cost for healthcare that is 8% above what seniors elsewhere in America can expect to pay.
- Crime rates in Eldon are generally very low. Across all crime categories, Eldon reports just 60% of the national combined crime average rate. Seniors in Eldon are especially safe from violent crime, which occurs at less than half of the national average for towns the size of Eldon.
- Seniors in Eldon can schedule a ride on any of the on-demand services offered by the Miller County OATS Transit Authority by calling the Camdenton OATS Transit office and booking the date. Seniors aged 60 and over ride for free on routes funded by the Area Agency on Aging.
- The Eldon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Central Ozarks Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Eldon has an array of community resources for seniors, including Ministerial Alliance, an organization that operates only in Eldon and offers local seniors food pantry services, assistance buying medication and some limited transportation assistance, as well as three senior centers.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Eldon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Eldon start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Eldon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Eldon
Seniors in Eldon who need financial help with the cost of assisted living may be eligible for the Missouri Supplemental Security Income (SSI) augment. This program adds a cash stipend to the federal aid program for Missouri seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Eldon
Eldon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Eldon, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Eldon
Eldon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.