2 Assisted Living Facilities in Vienna, MO
The average cost of assisted living in Vienna is $1,860 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Vienna, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Vienna, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Vienna
Located in Maries County, Vienna, Missouri, is home to over 660 residents, with around 26% of the population aged 65 and older. To accommodate the needs of this large senior demographic, there are eight facilities in Vienna offering assisted living services. These communities may be assisted living facilities (ALFs) or residential care facilities (RCFs). Both types area licensed by a division of Missouri's Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Vienna
- The air quality in Vienna is rated 70 out of 100, with 100 being the best. This could be beneficial for seniors with respiratory illnesses, as the air is considered to be cleaner than the average Missouri city.
- The city of Vienna has no dedicated public transportation system, which could make it difficult for seniors without a personal vehicle to get around the city. However, many ALFs do offer scheduled transportation to medical appointments.
- Vienna has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Jefferson City.
- Seniors can feel safe going about their daily business in Vienna. On a scale to 100, the city's violent crime rate is 8, which is far lower than the U.S. national average of 22.7. However at 55.1, property crime is quite high, so seniors may want to review the security measures their ALF has in place.
- At 87.2, Vienna's low cost of living makes it a budget-friendly option for seniors on a fixed income.
- With a pleasant year-round climate, seniors in Vienna can make the most of the outdoors. Summer temperatures can reach a high of 89 degrees, and the area gets nearly 200 days of sunshine each year. Winters, while snowy, are quite mild.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Vienna
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Vienna start around $1,860 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Vienna and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Vienna
Seniors in Vienna have access to a variety of resources to help alleviate the financial stress of assisted living. Through MO HealthNet, seniors receive coverage for the cost of personal care services in both ALFs and RCFs. The Medicaid State Plan Personal Care authority also offers a monthly cash grant to help with any additional expenses. Financial aid to help with the cost of room and board is available through an optional state supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Vienna
Vienna and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Vienna, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Vienna
Vienna-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.