4 Assisted Living Facilities near Cuba, MO
Also serving communities of Steelville, Owensville.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cuba area, with 3 in Cuba and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Cuba is $1,200 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cuba. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cuba 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Saint James with an average rating of 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cuba, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Cuba, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cuba
Cuba, Missouri, is in the central part of the state next to Historic Route 66. It's known as the Mural City for the dozen historical murals depicting the history of the region. It's a small community, with just 3,300 residents, 16% of whom are aged 65 and older. Many of these individuals will transition into assisted living accommodations, designed to help seniors retain independence with a little compassionate help where needed.
In Cuba, Assisted living communities, as they are called throughout Missouri, are licensed and regulated by the state's Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS). Cuba has three assisted living facilities to accommodate its seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cuba
- The cost of living in Cuba is lower than the national average, calculated at 86 compared to the baseline of 100. While healthcare and grocery costs are slightly higher than the rest of the country, housing costs are notably lower, coming in at 74. Lower housing costs can make operating costs for assisted living communities lower, which may make fees more approachable for seniors on a budget.
- Cuba has a temperate climate, which may be more comfortable for seniors sensitive to extreme heat or cold. Summer high temperatures average in the high 80s and winters have January lows in the high teens and low 20s. Annual snowfall is half the national average at 14 inches.
- Seniors are advised to use caution when venturing into the Cuba community, as property crimes, including theft, are notably higher than the national average at 54 on a scale of 1 to 100 compared to 35.4 for the nation overall. Violent crimes are lower, however, at just 12 compared to 22.7.
- Air and water quality in Cuba is better than the rest of the country, which is helpful for seniors with respiratory conditions. Both are rated on a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being the best. The air quality here is 68 compared to the national average of 58, and water is 100 compared to 55.
- The Cuba area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Missouri Baptist Sullivan Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Cuba seniors have access to the OATS public transportation service, which has handicapped and dial-a-ride services in addition to the regular bus routes. There are senior fares for those aged 60 and older and those with a qualifying disability.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cuba
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Cuba start around $1,200 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cuba and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cuba
The Missouri Medicaid program offers a Supplemental Nursing Care (SNC) waiver to help those who qualify to pay for assisted living. This is an income-based eligibility program, which includes the amount of the individual's household assets and the type of facility they call home.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cuba
Cuba and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cuba, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cuba
Cuba-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cuba
Review of Victorian Place of Cuba
We were moved from one RCF to this one without seeing first. It is wonderful, clean well decorated and maintained. My relative's room is up to date with decor and nice furnishings. The meals are go... Read more
Review of Victorian Place of Cuba
My mom stayed at Victorian Place of Cuba for three months. It was not very good. Just after we got her in there, the head administrator quit, so didn't have anyone to run the place. There weren't a... Read more