14 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Clair, MO
There are 14 Assisted Living Facilities in the Saint Clair area, with 2 in Saint Clair and 12 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Saint Clair is $2,287 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,420.
To help you with your search, browse the 19 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Saint Clair. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Saint Clair 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sullivan with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Saint Clair, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Saint Clair, MO
12 Assisted Living Facilities near Saint Clair, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Saint Clair
St. Clair is located near the Missouri-Illinois border along the Mississippi River and has three parks, including Orchard Park, which hosts the city's annual Freedom Festival, fireworks and outdoor movies. This park has a walking path, a memorial stage for performing arts and pavilions that are available for rent. St. Clair has a little less than 5,000 residents, about 15% of whom are age 65 and over.
St. Clair has two assisted living facilities to serve seniors who need assistance with the activities of daily living, and there are a dozen more nearby. These facilities, which are officially called residential care facilities, are licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Saint Clair
- St. Clair has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Aging Resource Center of Franklin County, an organization that provides St. Clair seniors with assistance finding prescription assistance programs and other helpful programs, as well as one senior center.
- The St. Clair area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Fenton.
- Transportation services in St. Clair are provided courtesy of OATS Transit. This service provides transportation to the local senior center every weekday. Service is provided to local shopping venues on the second and fourth Thursday of every month and transportation to Union on the third Thursday of each month.
- Property crime is prevalent in St. Clair, coming in at 95.1 on a 100-point crime index, versus the national average of 35.4. The city's violent crime rate is also several points higher than the national average at 31.1. Seniors may want to find an assisted living facility that prioritizes safety of its residents.
- As is typical of Missouri, St. Clair is prone to extreme weather, including hot summers with highs peaking around 90 degrees and cold winters with lows dropping to 20. Seniors may be more comfortable in an assisted living facility with individual climate control.
- The overall cost of living in St. Clair is about 15% below the national average, which may benefit seniors with tight retirement budgets.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Saint Clair
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Saint Clair start around $2,287 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Saint Clair and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Saint Clair
While Missouri's Medicaid program does not cover assisted living services, low-income seniors who need nursing home-level care in an assisted living facility may be eligible to receive aid under the Medicaid State Plan Personal Care authority.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Saint Clair
Saint Clair and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Saint Clair, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Saint Clair
Saint Clair-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Saint Clair, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Saint Clair
Review of Crabapple Village Senior Estates
Our experience with Crabapple Village has been very good. They take excellent care of my husband. The place is very clean, it's not terribly over-crowded, and they give individualized attention to ... Read more
Review of Crabapple Village Senior Estates
Crabapple Village was very good. We had a couple of visits there. It was attractive. It was in a nice location. It had anything from independent living to assisted living. It was very clean. The pe... Read more
Review of Victorian Place of St. Clair
Everyone at Victorian Place, St. Clair is always professional, helpful, and so caring! I would totally recommend anyone to look at this facility for your loved one. They are more than willing to ... Read more