Gambrill Gardens

Reviews of Gambrill Gardens

Assisted Living Reviews for Gambrill Gardens

July 01, 2016

By Christine238546

Gambrill Gardens is affordable but not new and not that nice. It does not offer the amenities that are found in a perfectly rated place. It's a mediocre-type place but certainly for the price, you get what you pay for.

May 05, 2015

By Debbi2

My mother is moving to Gambrill Gardens on Friday. It is independent living, but they do have assisted living on site. It is a very nice and smaller facility than a lot that we have visited. It is very homey. They have very friendly staff and tenants. My mom has a friend who lives there, and I think that is excellent. For somebody who is looking for a smaller facility, I think this is great. It is less expensive. The food is very good.

October 22, 2014

I chose Gambril Gardens for myself because initially of the cost and the friendliness of the people who were here when we visited. We went to several facilities and most of them seemed like they were kind of quick-ish, and they weren't very welcoming at all, but everyone in Gambrill seemed very happy. We have a crafts group that meet once a week, and the leader of that is just a very, very outgoing person. She is a lot of fun, and she makes us all laugh a lot. She is also one of the bus drivers, and just any place that she is involved, she makes us all feel good about ourselves, and I think that is really important. They have a worship service on Sundays. The food is pretty good most of the time. They have little glitches once in a while, but it is pretty good most of the time. I like their outings. Last week, we celebrated Gone with the Wind's week for its 75th anniversary and made hats. They bought the basic frame and provided tools and picked flowers to decorate them. The usual crafts group didn't get into that too much, but some of the people made lots of flower hats, so even if people said they didn't want them they wore them; it was a lot of fun. It is very comfortable. I am in a one bedroom unit and it is quite large enough for me. The building that I am in is a long hallway from the dining area. There are elevators in the building, gratefully, and when I get on the elevator I'd know everyone in there by name, and I've met quite a number of people.

September 16, 2014

Gambrill Gardens was nice. The rooms were pretty small, but everything else was really nice. But, you get one meal a day, and the other ones you make yourself. It was not like the other places, but it was fine and suitable for living and all that stuff. Everything was clean, and the person who took us around was great. She showed us everything and all the information we wanted, and she put us on the list. Gambrill Gardens was in pretty good shape, but they really have to do some decorating because it needed quite a bit of work.

March 13, 2014

The goal of Gambrill Gardens is to lower the cost for independent living. The room sizes were a little on the small side. The staff was very nice and very professional. The dining is cafeteria style rather than restaurant style. They provided transportation and they had a recreation and exercise room.

November 20, 2011

By Noreen1

The people who work there seem to really care about people. Residents are treated with respect. It is clean and attractive. The outside areas are beautiful.

Independent Living Reviews for Gambrill Gardens

Questions about Gambrill Gardens

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Gambrill Gardens. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Population is composed of women, men and couples in the average age group of 75 to 80 years old. Since we have a good number of gentlemen and couples, we are able to offer activities for them, as well.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Our community is in walking distance to super markets, restaurants, pharmacys, hospitals, YMCA, and aquatic centers.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Gambrill Gardens has organized?

Men's trips to the National Museum of Transportation, Women's trip to Blue Owl Cafe, Community trip to Cardinal's games, Casino trips.

What transportation services does Gambrill Gardens offer to independent living residents?

Two mini buses run 5 days a week to shopping, doctor's appointments, community trips, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Gambrill Gardens exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

At Gambrill Gardens our chefs source foods from the finest local vendors. Fresh seasonal produce is delivered daily and prepared specially for each meal. New menus are crafted each week with an emphasis on seasonal and locally available produce. Gambrill Gardens takes pride in our approach to cooking by introducing modern techniques to traditional recipes. We serve a wide variety of food items that are sure to please the palates of connoisseurs while remaining approachable to all.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Bistro, Chapel, Theater, Game Room, Family Room, North and South Patio, Gym, Therapy Room, Beauty Salon, General Store, Community Puzzle Room, and Craft Room.

What safety features or security measures does Gambrill Gardens offer to independent living residents?

First Call System, 24 Concierge Service, and Security Cameras throughout Campus.

If Gambrill Gardens accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes, Small animals 25lbs and under. We have 26 acres of land for residents and their animals to enjoy.

Does Gambrill Gardens work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Continuum, AW, and RPI therapy.

Costs for Gambrill Gardens

Photos of Gambrill Gardens

Services and Amenities of Gambrill Gardens

• Companion Suites: No Companion Suites

• Low Salt
  • Vegetarian

• Pets: Pets Are Allowed

About Gambrill Gardens

For nearly 40 years the experienced staff at Gambrill Gardens Senior Apartments have been serving the senior citizens of West County St. Louis. We are proud of the excellent reputation our facility upholds due to the superior services and amenities we provide. Our convenient location in the heart of Ellisville is perfectly situated so family is never far away and amenities are always close at hand.

Our 25-acre campus boasts exceptional Independent Living and Assisted Living facilities for seniors. Trained and experienced staff and on-site caregivers are never far away if help is needed. Our apartments offer spacious well-appointed homes coupled with a host of on-site amenities. The restaurant at Gambrill Gardens focuses on fresh, nutritious and seasonal ingredients and acts as a fantastic meeting spot for social dinners. Our complimentary transportation services can transport you anywhere in the St. Louis area for shopping, appointments and excursions. With our ‘no-up-front-fees’ and ‘all-inclusive’ pricing, there are no extra charges at the end of each month to worry about. You can have peace of mind to simply relax with your new friends and neighbors in the comfort of your new home.

Offering both independent and assisted living for seniors in one campus provides our residents with a continuum of care in a familiar environment. Our community features 300 high-quality apartments for retirement living in six apartment buildings, all linked by internal walkways branching from a central social hub. Our community includes common areas, fitness and entertainment facilities, resident dining room and access to outdoor courtyards and gardens.

Map of Gambrill Gardens