The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Wentzville, MO for 2023
Also serving communities of Troy, Elsberry.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wentzville area, with 4 in Wentzville and 7 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wentzville is $3,320 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,875.
To help you with your search, browse the 68 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wentzville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wentzville 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include O Fallon with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wentzville, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Wentzville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wentzville
Wentzville, Missouri is a suburb of St. Louis and is a city that prides itself on its small-town charm, hospitality and its friendly local residents. Its population is just under 40,000 individuals, 9.5 percent of whom are over the age of 65. There are a total of 14 assisted living facilities in the Wentzville area, three of which are located in Wentzville and the remaining 11 in the surrounding areas of O' Fallon, St. Charles, Saint Peters and Troy. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Regulation and Licensure, Section for Long-Term Care Regulation is responsible for licensing and regulating assisted living throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wentzville
- St. Louis County, which includes Wentzville, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Wentzville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph's Hospital, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Wentzville area has plenty of arts and culture that seniors can enjoy. Some assisted living facilities may organize supervised day trips for residents to take in some of the top attractions, such as the Vietnam War Memorial or the St. Charles County Fair.
- The city of Wentzville has partnered with ITNGateway to offer seniors a safe transportation option throughout the area twenty-four hours a day. There is an annual fee, but after seniors have used the service three times they may apply for a full reimbursement from the city.
- While the overall cost of living in Wentzville is 2.5 percent higher than the national average, this can be mostly attributed to housing costs. Seniors who reside in one of Wentzville's assisted living facilities will still save on expenses such as healthcare and transportation.
- Seniors living in Wentzville can feel safe. Only 1.63 violent crimes and 13.1 property crimes occur per 1,000 residents each year. By comparison, the state of Missouri sees 5.19 violent crimes and 27.99 property crimes per 1,000 residents annually.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wentzville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Wentzville start around $3,320 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wentzville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wentzville
The Medicaid State Plan Personal Care authority provides financial support to eligible seniors to help pay for the cost of services provided in assisted living facilities.
An Optional State Supplement (OSS) is available to residents who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to help pay for room and board. Family supplementation is also permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wentzville
Wentzville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wentzville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wentzville
Wentzville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Wentzville, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wentzville
Review of Village Center Care of Wentzville
My mom moved into Village Center Care of Wentzville. We chose it because it was small and very personal, and the care could be one-on-one. What we like the most is they have a lot of staff members.... Read more
Review of Village Center Care of Wentzville
I visited Village Center Care of Wentzville. I had a very bad tour experience. First of all, the gentleman that I set up an appointment with didn't show up. Somebody else filled in for him. The fac... Read more
Review of Twin Oaks Heritage Pointe
The people at Twin Oaks at Heritage Pointe were very nice, very warm, and friendly. It's run as a family facility. It's very nice and everybody pays the same amount. It has two floors and mom would... Read more