10 Assisted Living Facilities near Wentzville, MO
Also serving communities of Troy, Elsberry.
There are 10 Assisted Living Facilities in the Wentzville area, with 4 in Wentzville and 6 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Wentzville is $3,265 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Ellisville with an average starting cost of $2,873.
To help you with your search, browse the 48 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Wentzville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Wentzville 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Saint Peters with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Wentzville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Wentzville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Wentzville
Wentzville, Missouri is a suburb of St. Louis and is a city that prides itself on its small-town charm, hospitality and its friendly local residents. Its population is just under 40,000 individuals, 9.5 percent of whom are over the age of 65. There are a total of 14 assisted living facilities in the Wentzville area, three of which are located in Wentzville and the remaining 11 in the surrounding areas of O' Fallon, St. Charles, Saint Peters and Troy. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Regulation and Licensure, Section for Long-Term Care Regulation is responsible for licensing and regulating assisted living throughout the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Wentzville
- St. Louis County, which includes Wentzville, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- The Wentzville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Joseph's Hospital, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Wentzville area has plenty of arts and culture that seniors can enjoy. Some assisted living facilities may organize supervised day trips for residents to take in some of the top attractions, such as the Vietnam War Memorial or the St. Charles County Fair.
- The city of Wentzville has partnered with ITNGateway to offer seniors a safe transportation option throughout the area twenty-four hours a day. There is an annual fee, but after seniors have used the service three times they may apply for a full reimbursement from the city.
- While the overall cost of living in Wentzville is 2.5 percent higher than the national average, this can be mostly attributed to housing costs. Seniors who reside in one of Wentzville's assisted living facilities will still save on expenses such as healthcare and transportation.
- Seniors living in Wentzville can feel safe. Only 1.63 violent crimes and 13.1 property crimes occur per 1,000 residents each year. By comparison, the state of Missouri sees 5.19 violent crimes and 27.99 property crimes per 1,000 residents annually.
Paying for Assisted Living in Wentzville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Wentzville start around $3,265 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Wentzville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Wentzville
The Medicaid State Plan Personal Care authority provides financial support to eligible seniors to help pay for the cost of services provided in assisted living facilities.
An Optional State Supplement (OSS) is available to residents who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) to help pay for room and board. Family supplementation is also permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Wentzville
Wentzville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Wentzville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Wentzville
Wentzville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Wentzville, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Wentzville
Review of The Boulevard at Wentzville
The Boulevard at Wentzville made it to my top of the list choices. They were wonderful and very accommodating. Their food was phenomenal. They had a menu that they can order from. They had a specia... Read more
Review of Village Center Care of Wentzville
My mother is in Village Center Care of Wentzville. Overall, it's good. The staff seems nice. She is sharing a nice room with one other person. It's not a large room, but it's comfortable for two pe... Read more
Review of Village Center Care of Wentzville
My mom is in Village Center Care of Wentzville, and they take good care of her. The doctor and workers are very good and nice. The facility needs to be updated, and they're working on that. They ha... Read more