6 Assisted Living Facilities near Rolla, MO
Also serving communities of Licking.
There are 6 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rolla area, with 3 in Rolla and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rolla is $3,634 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rolla. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rolla 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rolla, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Rolla, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rolla
Once nicknamed "The Middle of Everywhere" due to its demographic location, Rolla offers more than 100,000 acres of parkland, including conservation areas, hunting grounds and well-stocked trout streams. More than 20,000 residents call this rural community home, and approximately 11% of them are at least 65 years old.
There are a few assisted living facilities in Rolla to meet the demand for seniors who want to remain in the community during their golden years, plus dozens of additional facilities in nearby counties. In Rolla and throughout Missouri, these facilities are regulated by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rolla
- The Rolla area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Phelps County Regional Medical Center Medical Group, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Temperatures change with each season, but they typically range from the mid-20s to the high-80s. Seniors with respiratory conditions may find the hot, humid summers uncomfortable and prefer a facility where residents have individual thermostats.
- Rolla's air quality sits just below the national average, so seniors may experience frequent high-ozone days. Breathing in toxic particles may increase the risk of developing cancer or other conditions, so elderly residents with weakened immune systems may want to limit outdoor activities on days when air quality is poor.
- Rolla residents navigate the community via the Southeast Missouri Transportation Service. Rides are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Seniors must schedule rides in advance, and trip vouchers are available to offset fares.
- Frugal seniors enjoy a low cost of living in Rolla. With a score of just 85.7 on a 100-point scale, life in Rolla generally costs less than the Missouri average and the national average. However, healthcare expenses in Rolla may run higher than in other Missouri cities.
- Like many Missouri cities, Rolla has a high crime rate. It's safer than just 7% of U.S. cities, though residents are nearly eight times more likely to experience property crime than violent crime in the city. Due to these statistics, seniors may appreciate the security of a gated community.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rolla
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Rolla start around $3,634 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rolla and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rolla
Elderly Rolla residents who need financial aid for assisted living expenses can receive state-funded benefits from MoHealthNet for Seniors. Seniors eligible for this Medicaid program have the option of requesting assistance from the State Plan Personal Care Option and the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rolla
Rolla and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rolla, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rolla
Rolla-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rolla
Review of Oak Pointe of Rolla
My siblings moved to Oak Pointe of Rolla. They have a very nice apartment, it has carpeting, and a small kitchen. It's a one-bedroom apartment that was very nice and clean. The community is very ni... Read more