7 Assisted Living Facilities near Jefferson City, MO
Also serving communities of Holts Summit, Westphalia.
There are 7 Assisted Living Facilities in the Jefferson City area, with 6 in Jefferson City and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Jefferson City is $2,897 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 17 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Jefferson City. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Jefferson City 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Jefferson City, call (855) 863-8283.
6 Assisted Living Facilities in Jefferson City, MO
1 Assisted Living Facility near Jefferson City, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Jefferson City, the capital of Missouri, is situated along the southern end of the Missouri River. The town is named after Thomas Jefferson and is home to a diverse population, of whom 14.3 percent are seniors age 65 and above. This population is served by eight assisted living facilities (ALFs), which are licensed and regulated by the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services (DHSS). DHSS classifies ALFs as facilities that provide 24-hour, long-term services such as assistance with daily activities and health care supervision.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jefferson City
- Jefferson City weather can be changeable with hot, wet summers and cold winters. The city only scores a 46 out of 100 on Sperling’s Comfort Index due to annual temperatures ranging from 24 degrees Fahrenheit to 89 degrees Fahrenheit and its above average rainfall of 43 inches per year. Winters are short and average only about 13 inches of snow, below the U.S. average of 26.
- Seniors wishing to reside in Jefferson City can feel safe as violent crime in the area is relatively low. The city scored a 43 out of 100 for violent crime, averaging only a bit higher than the U.S. average of 31.1. The property crime rate is 49.6 compared to the national average of 38.1.
- Jefferson City is a good choice for seniors living on a budget as the cost of living is 10.3 percent lower than the national average. Reduced costs in housing account for most of this with groceries, transportation and health care costs being only slightly below U.S. averages.
- The City of Jefferson offers public transportation through JEFFTRAN, a fixed-route transit system that provides six routes and half-price fares for seniors over the age of 60. Seniors can also choose to travel by OATS transit, which provides door-to-door service and fixed-point bus lines.
Air quality in Jefferson City ranks fair with a score of 59 out of 100. This is close to the national average score of 58. The American Lung Association ranks the city with a B grade for ozone pollution.
- Jefferson City has an array of community resources for seniors including the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services Area Agency on Aging, which helps seniors with legal services, nutrition, transportation access and senior advocacy. The area is home to four senior centers.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Jefferson City start around $2,897 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jefferson City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Eligible seniors in Jefferson City may apply for financial aid for assisted living through two governmental agencies: the Missouri Department of Health & Senior Services which offers the Missouri Care Options (MCO) program and the Missouri Department of Social Services which offers the Independent Living Waiver (ILW).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jefferson City
Jefferson City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jefferson City, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jefferson City
Jefferson City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Jefferson City, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jefferson City
Review of Bristol Manor of Jefferson City
My father was at Bristol Manor of Jefferson City. The staff was OK, but they could've been better. The facility was nice and clean. They distribute their medications and they feed them three times ... Read more
Review of Ashbury Heights of Jefferson City
Ashbury Heights is great. I have no complaints. The staff is great and very helpful. They feed them three times a day. They distribute my father's medication and they will drive him if he needs to ... Read more
Review of Westbrook Terrace
this place has gone downhill. the head of nursing here never comes out of her office. my mom fell here and the nursing staff didnt tell me. we took her out very quickly. they dont clean the bathroo... Read more