The 5 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Osage Beach, MO for 2023
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Osage Beach area, with 2 in Osage Beach and 3 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Osage Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Osage Beach 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Eldon with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Osage Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Osage Beach, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Osage Beach
Though popular with tourists, less than 5,000 people reside in Osage Beach full time. Residents enjoy outings to attractions in and around Osage Beach, including Lake of the Ozarks State Park, Miner Mike's and the Bagnell Dam. Because of the city's close proximity to lakes and sandy beaches, many seniors choose to retire in this peaceful community.
Local seniors who need 24/7 care can choose from approximately half a dozen assisted living communities in the Osage Beach area, including facilities in Camdenton and Tuscumbia. These facilities, as well as others throughout the state, are monitored by the Department of Health and Senior Services. This agency ensures assisted living communities meet state standards for care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Osage Beach
- The Osage Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lake Regional Health System, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Osage Beach is known for its hot, humid summers, so seniors may want to cool down in a nearby lake or choose an assisted living community with a pool. Throughout the year, temperatures typically fluctuate between 26 and 90 degrees, though lower and higher temperatures are possible. Snow and ice are possible in the winter, while the fall brings vibrant foliage.
- The crime rate in Osage Beach is higher than the national average, but seniors may find it comforting that most crimes are nonviolent.
- With a score of 98, the cost of living for Osage Beach falls just below the national average of 100. Housing costs and medical expenses exceed the U.S. average, but seniors may pay less for utilities and transportation in Osage Beach.
- Osage Beach seniors may qualify for the Missouri Property Tax Credit. Each year, this credit gives disabled residents and qualifying seniors up to $750 back if they rent their home and $1,100 if they own it.
- Public transportation options are limited in Osage Beach, Missouri, but seniors can use the Camden County OATS Transit. Rides are available 7 days a week but must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Osage Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Osage Beach start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Osage Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Osage Beach
When cost is a deterrent for assisted living, Osage Beach seniors can turn to MoHealthNet for Seniors for financial help. This low-income health program offers the State Plan Personal Care Option and the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver to help seniors reduce or eliminate assisted living expenses.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Osage Beach
Osage Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Osage Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Osage Beach
Osage Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Osage Beach
Review of Arrowhead Senior Living Community
Please don’t take your loved one to the Assisted living It’s glitzy and clean However the food is substandard the activities are poor and the care is poor Moved my mom after 8 months because ... Read more
Review of StoneBridge Lake Ozark
I would say that this facility makes an effort to ensure that every resident is treated with dignity and respect. With that being said, it is very much like any other facility in that there are fe... Read more