5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, MO
The average cost of assisted living in Lebanon is $4,350 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lebanon. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lebanon 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lebanon, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Lebanon, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lebanon
The city of Lebanon is in the northern area of the beautiful Ozarks that awards its citizens for volunteering and giving back to the community, and it's this charitable spirit that makes the town a great place for seniors to live. Of the 14,800 residents, 16.3% are aged 65 and over. Members of this population who require assistance with daily living have the option to reside in one of the five assisted living communities located in town.
The facilities in Lebanon and other parts of Missouri are designated as assisted living facilities (ALF) and residential care facilities (RCF). Licenses are provided by the state's Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lebanon
- Since the rate of crime in Lebanon is relatively high, seniors may want to check what kind of security features are available at local assisted living communities. The violent crime rate is 5 points higher than the national average of 22.7 and 10.7 points higher than the Missouri average of 17.
- Missouri's tax policies may make assisted living for some seniors more affordable. Single seniors aged 62 and older making less than $85,000 per year, $100,000 for married couples, won't have to pay any state tax on their social security benefits. Pensions, IRAs and other sources of retirement income are, however, subject to state taxes.
- Living expenses in Lebanon are considered quite low, which may leave more money available for seniors to pay for assisted living. The overall cost of living is 21.6% lower than the national average of 100 and 14.1 points lower than the average for Missouri.
- The Lebanon area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Mercy Hospital Lebanon, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- As an important spot along historic Route 66 and Native American trails, Lebanon has several cultural attractions for seniors to enjoy. The Route 66 Museum has exhibits celebrating one of America's most famous historic roads, and the Antique Trail is a long series of shops selling items important to the area's history.
- Lebanon has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Central Missouri Area Agency on Aging, an organization that provides a wide range of health, social and legal services for older adults as well as one senior center.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lebanon
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Lebanon start around $4,350 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lebanon and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lebanon
While Missouri doesn't offer direct cash assistance for room and board at assisted living facilities, the Assisted Living (AL) waiver can help pay for services that promote independence, including medication oversight and transportation. Seniors in Lebanon must be eligible for Medicaid to participate in this program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lebanon
Lebanon and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lebanon, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lebanon
Lebanon-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lebanon
Review of Northridge Place
My mother had wonderful care with NorthRidge She referred to it as her home. She was very happy there. She was very happy with the workers as well. They were so caring towards her. My mother alrea... Read more
Review of Christian Residential Care Lebanon South
Both of my grandparents live at the Christian Health Care facility in Lebanon, MO. They provide a very nice and Christian atmosphere. I would not even hesitate to bring my kids here, which I do. Th... Read more