8 Assisted Living Facilities near Sedalia, MO
Also serving communities of La Monte.
There are 8 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sedalia area, with 7 in Sedalia and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sedalia is $3,150 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sedalia. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sedalia 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Warrensburg with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sedalia, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Sedalia, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sedalia
Just a short drive from the Missouri River, Sedalia is a small city known for hosting the annual Missouri Fair for more than 115 years. More than 15% of the 21,718 Sedalia residents are seniors, some of whom decide to age in the community. Sedalia meets the needs of these residents in 10 assisted living facilities.
The Department of Health and Senior Services regulates the performance of assisted living communities in Sedalia and throughout Missouri. This regulation covers traditional assisted living facilities, intermediate care facilities, residential care facilities and skilled nursing facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sedalia
- The Sedalia area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Bothwell Regional Health Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Sedalia seniors who feel uncomfortable during hot, humid weather should choose indoor activities during the summer, as temperatures sometimes soar to 100 degrees. Winters are chilly, with temperatures dropping into the 20s and 30s.
- Sedalia has a high crime rate and is safer than just 3% of other U.S. cities. However, the bulk of crimes affect personal property, such as automobiles and housing. Sedalia residents have a one in 19 risk of experiencing a property crime, but the risk drops to one in 143 for violent crimes.
- The American Lung Association is not actively collecting air quality data for Pettis County, which is where Sedalia sits. However, poor air quality is a common complaint throughout Missouri. Seniors with respiratory conditions may want to remain indoors on days when air quality is poor.
- Public transportation is limited in Sedalia on evenings, but there is a weekday bus that runs through the city every half hour beginning at 6:30 a.m. with dropoffs every 25 minutes until 6:25 p.m. Weekend service is available from 8:30 a.m. to 4:25 p.m. Seniors can also utilize the Pettis County OATS Transit for preplanned rides.
- With a score of 78 on a scale of 100, Sedalia has a low cost of living compared to the national average as well as the Missouri average. The median home price is nearly 50% lower than the national average, though residents typically pay for more groceries and healthcare.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sedalia
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Sedalia start around $3,150 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sedalia and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sedalia
Sedalia seniors seeking financial help with assisted living expenses can apply for the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program, the State Plan Personal Care Option or the Missouri Medicaid Aged and Disabled Waiver. Prior to applying, elderly Missourians must meet the income and asset limits for MoHealthNet for Seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sedalia
Sedalia and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sedalia, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sedalia
Sedalia-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sedalia
Review of Cedarhurst of Sedalia
My mother is staying in Cedarhurst of Sedalia. There have been some rough spots, but overall it's been pretty good for her. For the most part, the staff members are very caring and helpful. I like ... Read more
Review of Cedarhurst of Sedalia
Cedarhurst of Sedalia is great. The staff has been great. My father's apartment is all right. He has a TV, and he does jigsaw puzzles. His room was refurbished from the previous tenant. When I went... Read more
Review of Cedarhurst of Sedalia
My mother moved into Cedarhurst of Sedalia, and shes been there 3 weeks. Its very light and cheery, and the assisted living facility shes in is brand new. Theyve got 35 beds and an excellent st... Read more