4 Assisted Living Facilities near Boonville, MO
Also serving communities of New Franklin, Tipton.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Boonville area, with 3 in Boonville and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Boonville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Boonville 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Columbia with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Boonville, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Boonville, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Boonville
Boonville is a small town located on the banks of the Missouri River. The town’s approximately 8,400 residents may notice the many historic markers that dot the area. It was the site of two Civil War battles, and more than 450 of its locations are listed on the National Registry of Historic Places.
Nearly one in six residents are senior citizens, and for seniors who can no longer live independently, there are three assisted living facilities in town. The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services licenses these facilities and ensures they’re following the many applicable laws and regulations.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Boonville
- Assisted living communities may take seniors on trips to some of the many in-town attractions, which include historic sites, museums and parks. Seniors who want to get some exercise can take advantage of the town’s aquatic center or 18-hole golf course.
- Boonville has an array of community resources for seniors, including Aging Best, an organization that provides Medicaid and Medicare counseling, legal services, transportation and other services for seniors, as well as one senior center.
- Seniors who are looking forward to a peaceful retirement may appreciate Boonville’s relatively low crime rate. Property crimes are more likely to occur than violent crimes, but they happen at lower rates than the state median.
- The Boonville area’s clean air may attract seniors who want to avoid smog. The Columbia-Moberly-Mexico metropolitan area has some of the cleanest air in the country, according to the American Lung Association. With such good air quality, seniors can spend plenty of time outdoors.
- Boonville has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Columbia.
- OATS Transit offers a curb-to-curb transportation service within Cooper County, but since rides need to be scheduled three to five business days in advance, it may not meet seniors’ needs. Boonville’s assisted living facilities may provide transportation to errands, medical appointments and other places that seniors need to go.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Boonville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Boonville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Boonville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Boonville
Boonville seniors with low incomes and few resources may be eligible for several financial assistance programs. The Supplemental Nursing Care program provides cash payments to seniors in licensed assisted living facilities. Missouri may also provide cash assistance to SSI recipients through its optional state supplementation program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Boonville
Boonville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Boonville, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Boonville
Boonville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Boonville, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Boonville
Review of Lakeview Health Care & Rehabilitation Center
My grandmother chose to come to this assisted living / nursing home facility after learning that her dialysis could no longer be performed and that she had at most a month to live. She was treated ... Read more