4 Assisted Living Facilities near Moberly, MO
Also serving communities of Huntsville, Madison, Sturgeon.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Moberly area, with 3 in Moberly and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Moberly is $3,640 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 4 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Moberly. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Moberly 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Macon with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Moberly, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Moberly, MO
1 Assisted Living Facility near Moberly, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Moberly
Moberly, nicknamed the Magic City, has more than 13,600 residents. Almost 14% of those people are seniors, and there’s plenty of green space for them to explore. The city has 1,600 acres of parks, walking trails and other recreational areas.
Some of Moberly’s older residents may need help with daily activities, and if so, they can turn to the four assisted living facilities in the area. Licensing and certification of these facilities in Moberly, and others throughout Missouri, is handled by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Moberly
- Compared to some other parts of the country, winters in Moberly are relatively mild, which may attract seniors from colder states. Daytime highs are a few degrees above freezing, and the city gets about half as much snow as the U.S. average.
- Moberly’s overall crime rate is higher than nearly eight out of ten communities in the state. Its property crime rate is nearly on par with the state average, but its rate of violent crime is noticeably higher. While the risk of becoming a victim of a violent crime is still only one in 170, some seniors may not feel safe.
- Moberly is home to world-class medical facilities, including Moberly Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- On weekdays between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m., seniors can travel to destinations throughout Randolph County with the OATS Transit bus service. Instead of a set fare, seniors are asked to make a small contribution. OATS Transit has another service, the InterCity Express, that regularly travels to Columbia and St. Louis. Rides on both services need to be booked in advance.
- The Moberly area’s air quality has been ranked among the best in the country by the American Lung Association. Residents of this city are exposed to low levels of ozone, also called smog. With such high-quality air, seniors can breathe easily as they exercise outdoors.
- At some of Moberly’s assisted living communities, seniors can join supervised outings to local attractions. Some of the interesting places that seniors may visit include Fourth Street Theater, the Railroad Museum and the Evelyn E. Jorgensen Fine Arts Gallery.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Moberly
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Moberly start around $3,640 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Moberly and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Moberly
Missouri provides a few programs that may help Moberly’s low-income seniors pay for care in assisted living communities. Medicaid-eligible seniors may receive cash payments from the Supplemental Nursing Care program. Another possible source of assistance is the optional state supplementation program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Moberly
Moberly and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Moberly, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Moberly
Moberly-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Moberly, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Moberly
Review of Mark Twain Assisted Living
Staff is typically friendly, elderly are nice, the place feels more like a hotel home then a nursing home. The entrance to it is a little bit 'creaky'. The floors squeek when you walk down them, bu... Read more
Review of Mark Twain Assisted Living
This facility was fairly decent. The main reason for the 3 star rating has to do with the location and lack of outside opportunities for the residents. Since it was in a very small town in Missouri... Read more
Review of Moberly Nursing and Rehab
I found this facility upon my visit to be clean and the staff friendly. I was visiting a friend from church. It was a Sunday and she had just participated in the services the facility offered and s... Read more