4 Assisted Living Facilities in Fulton, MO
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fulton. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fulton 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Columbia with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fulton, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Fulton, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fulton
From art galleries and museums to golf courses and fine parks, the city of Fulton has an abundance of activities for seniors to enjoy throughout the year. People aged 65 and over make up 11.1% of the population here, and many of their lives are enhanced by the four assisted living communities located within the town limits. The official designations for these types of facilities in Fulton and other parts of Missouri are Assisted Living Facilities or Residential Care Facilities. They are licensed and regulated by the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fulton
- Seniors in Fulton typically pay less for transportation, groceries and other expenses than in other parts of the state and country. The overall cost of living is 15.7% lower than the national average of 100 and 8.2 points lower than the Missouri average of 92.5.
- Any senior in Missouri who earns less than $85,000 per year as a single filer does not have to pay state income tax on social security. This may make it easier to pay for assisted living in Fulton. Income from other types of retirement benefits, including pensions and 401(k)s is subject to state tax.
- It's rare for Fulton to experience days with high levels of ozone, but seniors living in the area may want to check the daily air quality before venturing outside. The American Lung Association gives Callaway County, where Fulton is located, a B for ozone pollution.
- The Fulton area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Fulton Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fulton has a thriving arts and culture scene that seniors can participate in throughout the year. The Auto World Museum has an extraordinary collection of classic automobiles. The Brick District Playhouse regularly hosts live performances, and the Mildred Cox Art Gallery is a popular place to learn about local art.
- There is considerably more property crime in Fulton than in the nation, so seniors may want to check what kind of security features are available at local assisted living communities. The violent crime rate is just 2.5 points higher than the national average of 22.7.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fulton
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Fulton start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fulton and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fulton
Missouri's Medicaid system offers the Home and Community-Based Services Waiver, which can help pay for certain services received in an assisted living community. Aside from Medicaid, the Independent Living Waiver can also help seniors living in assisted living facilities receive certain items, such as specialized medical equipment and supplies.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fulton
Fulton and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fulton, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fulton
Fulton-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fulton
Review of Bridgeway Assisted Living Care
My 20 year old son can take care of himself but he is in a condition wherein he needs supervision. Jefferson Lodge provides a better and quick help for him. The staff there is very excellent in hel... Read more
Review of Churchill Terrace
My experience regarding this facility has been very positive. The staff are very caring and have the best interests of the individiuals living there at heart. I would like to see an increase in the... Read more