Lenoir Woods

Independent Living Reviews for Lenoir Woods

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Lenoir Woods

April 04, 2018

By B L

Do not send anyone you care about to this place. In March of 2017 my dad went to REACH for rehab after a fall. He was unable to do rehab the first day so Dr K doubled the percocet dose and changed it from as needed to a scheduled dose. Dad went into a deep sleep and wouldn't wake. When we realized he wasn't just getting much-needed rest I asked for narcan to counteract the percocet. The nurse said it was not an overdose and refused. I asked the second nurse and again was denied, as Dad stopped breathing. I told the EMT's it was an overdose, but the nurse told them I was wrong. At the hospital ER, finally the doctors listened and tried narcan, which immediately woke him up, but by then the respiratory failure was irreversible. Dad spent the next few weeks suffering on an external ventilator before he passed away.

March 13, 2017

By Phyllis127075

Lenoir Woods was great, friendly, and progressive. They served excellent food and had lots of activities. There was a gym, and there will be a swimming pool. They were building additional apartments, too. There were patio homes, which is what we're interested in, a chapel, a game room, a movie room, a good-sized dining room, and a café.

January 02, 2017

By Paul186668

Lenoir was good. The staff was fine, the grounds looked good, and the residents were friendly and cordial. They had a gym and a swimming pool, and there were plenty of events within the area.

April 25, 2015

My neighbors have moved to Lenoir Woods. It is a big multi-level community, so it is a huge place. It has independent apartment living, and it is full of activities. They have everything in-house -- which is a very lovely place -- and the activities director does a marvelous job of programming the activities. They have a movie theater where they have the first run movies, they have concerts, they have the restaurant and the formal dining, and then they have the chapel. They have everything. The food is fine; I have been a guest there, and the dining room is beautiful. The staff is excellent. I don't think anybody who lives there has any complaints ever. The rooms are large. They have all types of space. I know they have 24-hour security. It is well-lit, and it is part of the Lutheran services, so it is an excellent community.

February 01, 2014

My friend is living at Lenoir in assisted living. She's in the brand new building. She's a very difficult person to work with and they do amazing with her but it's more her than them. It's all great, it was neat, it was clean. Their staff was kind, courteous and respectful of the patients. I think they're honest and honorable integrity. She has her own room, fairly large room with a built-in kitchenette area. They have an exercise time in the morning, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and bingo in the morning. In the afternoons, they do a craft or chair exercises again. Thursday is nail care time.

December 23, 2013

Lenoir Woods was a little older facility but it seemed like the staff there was very caring and very responsive to the residents. They have things to do for their residents. We saw that they had a sing-a-long, church service, and programs for their residents and they looked nice. The environment there was adequate but they need to improve on the appearance because it looked a little cluttered.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (11) See fewer reviews

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Lenoir Woods

Rfeund Plans: 95% of Entrance Fee; 50% Refund (Price: reduced Monthly Fees). Priority access to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Lenoir Woods