Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

January 08, 2020

By Mike

I chose Solstice Senior Living at Columbia because of the location, it's close to the VA hospital which is where my friend gets all his care. The staff is very friendly and seemed to be very good. His apartment is just a studio but it's nice, roomy, and has everything he needs. There aren't really different levels of care there, but there are different services you can request. So he can request for things like laundry assistance and stuff like that, but he's still able to maintain himself for the most part. The dining area is very nice and the food seems to be very good, we were there for lunch once. They have a movie area or they can play different games like bingo. They have activities there, and they have a lake with a dock outside where they can fish if they like, there are pool tables and an exercise room.

September 03, 2019

By MT

I was very impressed with Solstice Senior Living. But as I recall, they only provide 1 meal a day, that's the only negative about them. Their rooms were outstanding and I was also very impressed with those. They had a very nice dining area. I'm a veteran, and it's a little out of my price range so I applied for VA assistance but I didn't receive assistance, so that's one reason why I didn't move in. This community is in a class by itself.

March 30, 2019

By MB

I'm living at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia. Right now the food could use a lot of improvement. For example, we're supposed to be down there before 8:00 for breakfast, but tjis morning we weren't served until 9:00. I don't know what happened, but a lot of people were discouraged. They also have a lot of people who don't show up on Saturdays, so they fix their food and take it to the rooms before they serve the dining room, and I feel like the dining room should be fed first. There are several activities available like yoga, there's a TV, exercises, bingo, walking, and trips to the mall, so they have a number of things. The staff has been very cordial. There's a chapel, exercise equipment, and a movie theater.

October 31, 2018

By John

I didn't find the food particularly good at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia. I asked what time is lunch and they said they sit down at 12:15 and eat at 12:30. I got there about 12:15 and I was very hungry. It was a good 45 minutes after 12:30 before I got anything to eat. I didn't find the food to be all that good. The two-bedroom apartment was less expensive than most of the one-bedrooms I had seen. It was in its own building that opened onto the sidewalk that ran back and forth. It had another opening from one of the bedrooms that went out into a little alcove with plenty of shade trees. I would have been hooked right there if it hadn't been for the food. I liked the apartment very much. It was very spacious and had two bedrooms and that would have been a plus especially given that it was less expensive than some of the one bedrooms I had seen.

Hi, John. Thank you for your review. Would you mind calling our executive director? We take pride in our Elevate dining program which features daily, chef-prepared meals and menus driven by resident feedback. Our wait time rarely is longer than 15 minutes from sit down time to dining, so we’d would very much like to hear more about your experience in hopes of avoiding future incidents. On the plus side, we’re glad you liked our two-bedroom apartments. Thank you.

October 18, 2017

By Sue

The apartments were very nice. We saw some people doing activities. The residents I saw playing dominos seemed content. It was very clean. If my father-in-law had wanted to move, we would've made the move. It had some rundown areas, but otherwise it looked pleasant.

April 11, 2017

By J.T.652026

If I were to go somewhere, I would go here. It was wonderful and more like a community. It didn’t smell bad. The rooms were spacious, very nice, and comfortable. It was easy to access.

March 13, 2017

By Phyllis844622

It was pretty good. It was strictly one-bedroom or a two-bedroom apartments. It had a very nice setting and was very close to doctors. It's on a busy street they call "doctor's row." I was concerned about the noise when I need to open my windows. We saw some lovely, affordable apartments with a lovely view of a big pond with a fountain, but there weren't any washers and dryers in the apartments, so you had to go down the hall.

December 28, 2016

By Gene H.

I visited two or three rooms that they had available. One was a single bedroom with a living room and bedroom and a microwave but no oven in the kitchen. They had exercise rooms and different activities. The staff was very nice.

June 11, 2015

I find it very pleasant. They serve three meals a day. They have very nice people. The only drawback for me is that the women outnumber the men and that they are older and a little more disabled. My apartment is elegant. I have two bedrooms, a living room, a dining area, and multiple closets. It is very nice. The food is quite good.

May 31, 2013

By LHT

It is a huge facility. It was in a good location, close to the hospital. They have all the amenities. The staff were wonderful and interactive with residents. I had a meal and the people I was sitting with just feel appreciative of the staff. The food also was fine. However, when I was shown one of the apartments, there was a smell of smoke. I have asthma and this is a major thing to me. I haven't been back there since.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are independent. Average age is 78. They enjoy being with other people and making friends. We ask our guests what they like to do and we then create the event or activity. Always lots of activities on-site each day with music and entertainment during the week and weekends.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping Mall, Restaurants, Pubs and Grills.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia has organized?

Hog Roast, Steak Night, Trips to local attractions and events, as well as, special food events.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Columbia offer to independent living residents?

Shuttle with lift. Free service 3 days per week. Dr. Appointments, Shopping, dining out and field trips to attractions.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Professional chefs serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Always two options and an all-afternoon menu for special items and times. All food is made by our chefs. Waitress style dining.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Workout facility, library, movie room and activity room. Also a lake with a fishing peer for residents and their guests.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Columbia offer to independent living residents?

Free "Great Call" life alert unit. These units are registered to the guests and are GPS enhanced.

If Solstice Senior Living at Columbia accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we accept pets to a certain size and weight. Outdoor areas are available for pets.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Columbia work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have Phoenix Home Health on-site 24/7. Buy only the services needed.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Payment options

• Credit Card
  • Check

About Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Columbia