Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Reviews of Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Independent Living Reviews for Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

April 11, 2017

By J.T.652026

If I were to go somewhere, I would go to Boone Landing. It was wonderful and more like a community. It didn’t smell bad. The rooms were spacious, very nice, and comfortable. It was easy to access.

March 13, 2017

By Phyllis844622

Boone Landing was pretty good. It was strictly one-bedroom or a two-bedroom apartments. It had a very nice setting and was very close to doctors. It's on a busy street they call "doctor's row." I was concerned about the noise when I need to open my windows. We saw some lovely, affordable apartments with a lovely view of a big pond with a fountain, but there weren't any washers and dryers in the apartments, so you had to go down the hall.

December 28, 2016

By Gene H.

I visited two or three rooms that Boone Landing had available. One was a single bedroom with a living room and bedroom and a microwave but no oven in the kitchen. They had exercise rooms and different activities. The staff was very nice.

May 10, 2016

By William116214250

We chose Boone Landing, and so far it’s been great. We have been here for about three weeks, but it’s looking very promising and pleasant. We have been very pleased with the situation, the staff, and where we’re staying. The staff is very well-trained, extremely friendly, and willing to help and serve the people there. I would recommend Boone Landing because I feel they’re a good place.

March 23, 2016

By Caroline18

Boone Landing was very nice, well kept, and clean but too expensive for me. They have a little pond that you can fish in or sit next to. They also had exercise rooms, game rooms, a theater, and visitors who came in to do exercises with residents. They provided three meals a day. One thing I didn’t like about it for myself was that the rooms didn't have full kitchens. You can have a microwave if you want one, and I think they did have a refrigerator, but there wasn't an oven or anything like that included. Otherwsie, they were very accommodating.

September 09, 2015

By John111045250

We moved in to Boone Landing, and their food is very good. They are good at portion control as far as calorie intake. They make you aware of what foods to consider on the menu. The maintenance was reasonably good. The building was nicely painted inside and out. Their air conditioners are in good working conditions too. I have no complaints there, and overall they do a very good job.

June 11, 2015

I find Boone Landing very pleasant. They serve three meals a day. They have very nice people. The only drawback for me is that the women outnumber the men and that they are older and a little more disabled. My apartment is elegant. I have two bedrooms, a living room, a dining area, and multiple closets. It is very nice. The food is quite good.

May 31, 2013

By LHT

Boone Landing is a huge facility. It was in a good location, close to the hospital. They have all the amenities. The staff were wonderful and interactive with residents. I had a meal and the people I was sitting with just feel appreciative of the staff. The food also was fine. However, when I was shown one of the apartments, there was a smell of smoke. I have asthma and this is a major thing to me. I haven't been back there since.

Questions about Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our residents are independent. Average age is 78. They enjoy being with other people and making friends. We ask our guests what they like to do and we then create the event or activity. Always lots of activities on-site each day with music and entertainment during the week and weekends.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Shopping Mall, Restaurants, Pubs and Grills.

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia has organized?

Hog Roast, Steak Night, Trips to local attractions and events, as well as, special food events.

What transportation services does Solstice Senior Living at Columbia offer to independent living residents?

Shuttle with lift. Free service 3 days per week. Dr. Appointments, Shopping, dining out and field trips to attractions.

What makes the chef or dining program at Solstice Senior Living at Columbia exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Professional chefs serving Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Always two options and an all-afternoon menu for special items and times. All food is made by our chefs. Waitress style dining.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Workout facility, library, movie room and activity room. Also a lake with a fishing peer for residents and their guests.

What safety features or security measures does Solstice Senior Living at Columbia offer to independent living residents?

Free "Great Call" life alert unit. These units are registered to the guests and are GPS enhanced.

If Solstice Senior Living at Columbia accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we accept pets to a certain size and weight. Outdoor areas are available for pets.

Does Solstice Senior Living at Columbia work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

We have Phoenix Home Health on-site 24/7. Buy only the services needed.

Costs for Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Photos of Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Services and Amenities of Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room

• Hiking Trails

• Get Costs

About Solstice Senior Living at Columbia

Independent living is just that, you live independently enjoying the company of your friends and neighbors while we provide the convenience of restaurant-style dining, housekeeping, laundry, transportation services and much more. We believe you have earned the right to a care-free lifestyle. Let us do the daily chores so you can do the daily fun!

Map of Solstice Senior Living at Columbia