Cedarhurst of Columbia

Reviews of Cedarhurst of Columbia

Assisted Living Reviews for Cedarhurst of Columbia

June 10, 2017

By MandMBowles

“Isn’t it amazing that, at this late point in my life, I can tell you that I have never been happier or enjoyed life more?” Those are the words my 79-year-old mother enthusiastically said to me about her life at Provision Living just recently. For me, that says it all. While she longed for her independence and more socialization after having lived with my husband and me for five months, she was extremely nervous about making the move to assisted living. That all ended the minute she walked into Provision Living. From the beautiful exterior and wooded grounds, to the warmly grand entrance, lovely dining room, and incredibly spacious apartments filled with cheery natural light, it was clear that her worries had been replaced by excitement and the desire to move in “right now!” As wonderful as the structure is, it is, however, definitely not what takes top billing: the people of Provision Living are amazing. Each and every staff member is warm and friendly, and the residents are clearly happy and engaged… my mother and I agree that everyone makes you feel that you are part of a big, happy family. I know that I can call or stop by at any time of the day or night and be welcomed and given any information I need. Activities are planned with the help and input of the residents and include such a wide range of interests that there is always something for everyone. The nursing staff is especially outstanding: they take the time to really listen and even took very special care to organize my mother’s complicated medication schedule so that it was easy for me to implement when we took a several day trip away for a family reunion. I would highly recommend Provision Living to anyone!

August 16, 2016

By Rosemary052548

Provision Living at Columbia was wonderful and lovely. The staff was very friendly, greeted everybody, and knew all of the residents. It was more of a luxury, high-end place than what you would think of for assisted living. The rooms were very nice and very accessible for the residents. The food was delicious and like a restaurant where the residents can choose what they want. They have snacks available throughout the day, and you could also have food brought to your room, so it's very convenient.

March 08, 2016

By MeTd

Provision Living at Columbia is a brand-new facility and looked fabulous. It's very fancy, almost like a hotel. The dining room was very busy while I was there. It was not meal time, but the residents were at tables and going in and out. The foyer was very nice, too. We talked to one of the managers who was very friendly and accommodating.

Costs for Cedarhurst of Columbia

Photos of Cedarhurst of Columbia

Services and Amenities of Cedarhurst of Columbia

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Yes

• Occupational Therapy

About Cedarhurst of Columbia

Cedarhurst of Columbia,offers residents and their families a vibrant and active community to call home. Located off Chapel Hill Road in a quiet neighborhood, Cedarhurst is near a variety of shopping and dining options. Access to the University of Missouri allows for cultural opportunities and activities for residents to enjoy. The community is nestled on 11 acres of landscaped grounds and is within walking distance of Twin Lakes park, a favorite spot for fishing and relaxation.

With 63 assisted living apartments and 34 memory care apartments, each resident is able to enjoy the independence they want and the care they need in the comfort of a home-like environment. Our expertly trained staff provides support based on the level of care that is needed. Each resident has a customized care plan based on conversations with the family, physicians and our care team.

From the services and amenities to the staff and the building itself, our entire community is here to empower our resident to live life everyday with joy and fulfillment.

Assisted Living

We understand that some tasks become more difficult with age, so we perfectly balance privacy and independence with expert support. Our trained team of staff provides individualized assessments to determine the best level of care for each resident. Each resident’s care plan is designed with the help of their family, physicians and our care team.

Memory Care

Our “Person-Directed Care” approach is at the heart of everything we do while engaging and caring for those living with Alzheimer’s Disease or other related dementias. Our unique Memory Care approach and programming provides each of our residents with a customized care plan that allows them to live their life to the fullest.

Couples have the option of staying together if one person should require Memory Care, and the other needs only Assisted Living. We also offer a Memory Care Day Program, for Assisted Living residents who choose to continue to live in Assisted Living.

Life at Cedarhurst of Columbia is built around our residents’ needs and what brings them joy. Our staff aims to make life as easy as possible while maintaining independence and privacy. We strive to make each and every day fulfilling and rewarding for our residents. To do this, we build trusted relationships that give us an intimate, person-to-person knowledge of who they are as an individual, their likes, dislikes, and the daily routine they prefer.

With this deep understanding, we develop a lifestyle of individual choices and flexibility to meet specific choices, focusing on an individual’s strengths. Residents are empowered to live each day to the fullest, with respect and dignity.

We offer a continuum of care on our beautiful, 11 acre campus located in a residential area. Our Monarch Butterfly Sanctuary Garden is a highlight for our community and our residents. We also offer an exceptionally low staff to caregiver ratio.

Map of Cedarhurst of Columbia