11 Assisted Living Facilities near Grain Valley, MO
Also serving communities of Oak Grove, Odessa, Lexington.
There are 11 Assisted Living Facilities in the Grain Valley area, with 2 in Grain Valley and 9 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 32 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Grain Valley. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Grain Valley 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Grain Valley, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Grain Valley, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Grain Valley
The charming suburban city of Grain Valley, Missouri, gives seniors a peaceful community vibe, and its convenient location along Interstate 70 offers easy access to the rest of the Kansas City Metropolitan Area. It is home to 2 assisted living facilities (ALF)and 14 others in nearby cities, including Blue Spring and Lee’s Summit. ALFs assist seniors with daily activities, such as meals and housekeeping. In Missouri, ALFs differ from residential care facilities; the latter accommodates residents who can find a path to safety unassisted. All ALFs and RCFs in Grain Valley, as in the rest of the state, are licensed by the Section for Long-Term Care Regulation of the Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Grain Valley
- The overall cost of living in Grain Valley is lower than the national average, which is beneficial to seniors on a fixed income. Utilities and miscellaneous expenses are only slightly higher than average.
- Personal income, retirement income and private pensions are fully taxable in Missouri, while social security income and public pensions are partially taxed but may qualify eligible seniors for full exemption.
- Grain Valley is considered a safe place to live for seniors, with an overall crime rate significantly lower than both state and national averages.
- Public transit in the green community of Grain Valley is limited, with the nearest KCATA weekday bus available from the I-70 Park & Ride commuter lot in neighboring Blue Springs, Missouri, when going to downtown Kansas City. This is convenient for residents who have their own private transportation but not so convenient for seniors. However, shared-ride door-to-door transportation services by OATS Transit take seniors 65+ to their scheduled medical appointments within the city and in Blue Springs.
- The Grain Valley area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospitals located in Blue Springs, Missouri.
- Grain Valley has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Grain Valley Community Center, an organization that holds monthly luncheons and other events for seniors and offers residents 65+ free lifetime membership to its fitness facility.
Paying for Assisted Living in Grain Valley
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Grain Valley start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Grain Valley and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Grain Valley
MO HealthNet, the Medicaid program of Missouri’s Department of Social Services, covers assisted living costs for eligible seniors in Grain Valley through one of a selection of 1915(c) Home and Community-Based Service waivers or the Consumer-Directed Services State Plan Personal Care program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Grain Valley
Grain Valley and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Grain Valley, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Grain Valley
Grain Valley-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Grain Valley, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Grain Valley
Review of Country Oak Village
My friend has already moved into Country Oak Village and it's a beautiful and wonderful place. I have never seen my friend this happy in years. The staff is wonderful. My friend's appetite has pick... Read more
Review of The Essex
My step dad is in The Essex. He’s in a small bedroom with a separate living area about the size of one and half standard hotel room. He’s got a little kitchenette and a full shower that you don’t h... Read more
Review of Country Oak Village
I visited the facility and was very impressed. The facility was clean and well maintained, the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful, and they had an activity schedule that would fit any reside... Read more