19 Assisted Living Facilities near Liberty, MO
There are 19 Assisted Living Facilities in the Liberty area, with 3 in Liberty and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Liberty is $3,695 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Gladstone with an average starting cost of $3,000.
To help you with your search, browse the 53 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Liberty. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Liberty 3.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Gladstone with an average rating of 3.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Liberty, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Liberty, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Liberty
Liberty, located in Clay County, is a suburb of Kansas City. The town offers seniors two local assisted living facilities (ALFs) and 42 nearby. Each facility is regulated and licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services. ALFs are licensed as either assisted living communities or residential care facilities (RCFs). Seniors with disabilities may prefer RCFs since they can accommodate patients who need assistance evacuating in case of emergency. Both types of facilities provide aid with medication management, outdoor recreations and activities of daily living (ADLs), with some even planning tansportation to local attractions.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Liberty
- The cost of living in Liberty is considered expensive in the state of Missouri, where the average is rated as a 95 compared to the state's median of 90. Seniors do pay fewer expenses in groceries, health care, housing and transportation in comparison to all other neighborhoods in the country.
- Liberty is considered to be 40 percent safer than all national cities and 51 percent safer than those in the state. Seniors have added security with lower property and violent crime rates compared to the nation.
- Seniors often face frigid winters in Liberty, with temperatures averaging between 32 to 48 degrees in the winter. Alternatively, seniors enjoy warm summers that average temperatures between 78 to 81 during peak months.
- The Liberty area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Liberty Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Liberty has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Liberty Silver Center, an organization that provides adult activities and provides Meals on Wheels at its local senior center.
- Seniors living in Liberty should consider the high sales tax, which is currently at 9.85 percent, significantly higher than the 8.04 percent state average. Alternatively, the state of Missouri is considered moderately tax-friendly toward seniors, providing exemptions or deductions on pensions and Social Security retirement.
Paying for Assisted Living in Liberty
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Liberty start around $3,695 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Liberty and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Liberty
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Liberty
Liberty and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Liberty, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Liberty
Liberty-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Liberty
Review of The Laurel at Norterre
We toured The Laurel at Norterre. They only had a two-bedroom available, but I went in to see the facility. It was very nice, it was laid out and set up a little bit different than the other places... Read more
Review of Our Lady of Mercy Country Home
Our Lady of Mercy Country Home is just wonderful, and they have so much more staff than in some of these other places. They have been there for years, so they don't have a big turnover, and everyon... Read more
Review of The Laurel at Norterre
The Laurel at Norterre was very beautiful and very nice. I only visited the assisted living side, and the rooms were beautiful and very inviting. We probably should have chosen that place, and not ... Read more