30 Assisted Living Facilities near Gladstone, MO
Also serving communities of Riverside, Platte City, Weston.
There are 30 Assisted Living Facilities in the Gladstone area, with 4 in Gladstone and 26 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Gladstone is $4,500 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Independence with an average starting cost of $2,200.
To help you with your search, browse the 92 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Gladstone. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Gladstone 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Kansas City with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Gladstone, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Gladstone, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Gladstone
The city of Gladstone, Missouri, is located just a ten-minute drive from Kansas City. Its suburban feel is a welcome respite for seniors who prefer a bit of quiet, but its proximity to the big city is great for other seniors who are looking for more opportunities to get out and about town.
There are 29 assisted living facilities (ALF) in and around Gladstone with two ALFs being located in Gladstone itself, and the other 27 located nearby. In Missouri, ALFs are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Gladstone
- The cost of living in Gladstone is 11 percent lower than in the rest of Missouri. It is also 1 percent lower than the national average, so seniors may find that their expenses are more affordable here.
- The crime rate in Gladstone is 1 percent higher than the national average. Seniors may find it important to note that, statistically, Gladstone residents each have a one in 36 chance of being a victim of either a violent crime or a property crime such as burglary.
- The Gladstone area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Kindred Hospital Northland, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Gladstone is fairly mild. High temperatures in the fall and winter months normally stay in the 40-degree-Fahrenheit range, while the summer highs top out around 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The air quality in Gladstone, Missouri is 16 percent worse than the national median. The pollution index is 76 percent better than the country's average, however, which is a plus for seniors living with lung conditions such as asthma or COPD.
- The Metro Flex Bus provides affordable ride services for seniors over the age of 60 who need to get to their destination safely.
Paying for Assisted Living in Gladstone
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Gladstone start around $4,500 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Gladstone and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Gladstone
Seniors who need assistance paying the monthly costs associated with assisted living can apply for the Supplemental Nursing Care Program. Missouri's Medicaid program also has an Aged and Disabled Waiver and a State Personal Care Plan. Both cover personal care costs for seniors residing in assisted living facilities.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Gladstone
Gladstone and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Gladstone, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Gladstone
Gladstone-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Gladstone, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Gladstone
Review of Linden Woods Village
We toured the Linden Woods Village. I liked it, it was very nice. We saw a one-bedroom. The only thing I didn't like was how far my mother would be from everything. The lady that helped us was very... Read more
Review of Heritage Village of Gladstone
Heritage Village of Gladstone was a little disappointing even though I knew the person that was in charge of admissions. The staff was very friendly. I just thought it was a little rundown and a li... Read more
Review of Heritage Village of Gladstone
We went to Heritage Village of Gladstone. It was older, and the rooms that were available were not quite as big, bright, or open as the other place I visited. Read more